cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged for calls I never made!!!

JimRockford_PI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had three calls in my log to a Saskatchewan number which I did not make. Upon checking with support, I was told that this number is to check voice mails. But, not being a fan of voice mail, I had created a message saying, "This number does not accept voice mails", as they told me I don't have the option of completely turning it off - ridiculous!

1. I would not have even attempted to access voice mail on this number as I despise voice mail. I NEVER check my voice mail and don't want to. If someone wants to talk to me, they can talk to me when I pick up the phone. So how can it say I dialed it three times? I am not that dense or doing it during sleepwalking!

2. Nobody else uses my phone especially that I am the only one in my house. Unless the dog used it. If he did, I will need to deal with him, but I know he did not. He would ask me first. 🙂

3. And, the three calls added up 14 minutes to those numbers, not one or two minutes,? For the sake of argument, EVEN IF I had set up voice mail, I would not be listening to it for so many minutes.

It is only 3 calls now but just so it will not continue happening, I want to resolve this now.

8 REPLIES 8

xiv
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JimRockford_PI 

I have the same attitude towards voice mail as you. I have done the setup as @LitlLdy described and I can confirm that it works perfectly. The phone rings, you just ignore it. The person calling will hear your announcement (should you choose to record one). The person will not be able to leave you a message. The call being incoming, it will not count towards your 100-minutes.

You set it up once and forget it.

@BKNS27  wrote:

Unfortunately, the 100 minutes outgoing is rounded up to the next minute…this is common to all 3rd tier carrier on the same lower cost plan.

I suggest to couple of my friends on the $15 plan to text (unlimited) me to call them since I have unlimited outgoing calling. Their 100 minutes outgoing will be untouched.

That's not a 3rd tier carrier thing.  1st tier carriers round up too.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JimRockford_PI 

Unfortunately, the 100 minutes outgoing is rounded up to the next minute…this is common to all 3rd tier carrier on the same lower cost plan.

I suggest to couple of my friends on the $15 plan to text (unlimited) me to call them since I have unlimited outgoing calling. Their 100 minutes outgoing will be untouched.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JimRockford_PI 

Even though Public Mobile’s ridiculous usage screen shows this as an outgoing call, that's not what it is.

It's people calling you being directed to voicemail and leaving you messages.

Yes, it's stupid, it should not display as an outgoing call.

It also does not count toward outgoing calling allotment on those with limited minute plans. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@JimRockford_PI , 

You could do this:

To use Extended Absence Voicemail Greeting:

LitlLdy_0-1693092373641.png

• Dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If the number ends in 4001 or 2 and one or two others then that's voicemail. When someone calls and it drops to voicemail then that is recorded as an outgoing call. But doesn't take minutes.

1. Use the extended absence greeting option and it gives you an option of not letting recordings be made.

2. Paw dialing 🙂

3. See 1.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JimRockford_PI  edit wrong reply 

Edit again I asked could this be voicemail @dust2dust 

Need Help? Let's chat.