cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 2FA codes from EVER SAFE on your ported in VOIP number

kj99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone else faced the difficulties getting 2FA codes from EVERSAFE on ported VOIP number on P.M.? or does it get any better after some time has passed?

5 REPLIES 5

VJ11

Eversafe code does indeed come to the P.M. device. I guess the issue was in the porting not finished that time..

kj99

confirming now 2FA codes from EVERSAFE flows to the device with P.M. SIM.. don't know about banking codes though.

VJ11

Sharing from experience... Once the porting is complete, The 2FA codes start flowing to the transferred number to P.M. Until then, no the 2FA codes will not come as TEXT.. because the system is confused where to send the codes...BTW it takes up to 3 business days to finish porting of VOIP number to P.M.

The guide the people have posted is true.. Also, there is nothing for CS to do there. its automatic process.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kj99 

as a temporary measure, you can take a new number for now ...then when your new account is stabilised, initiate the port of your voip number (if it's even possible)

RobbX
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently ported my number to PM as well (not realizing it used to be a VOIP number). I ported over 24 hours ago. Checked my SIM information and the number is now being used, and my data works fine. 

SMS is not working nor are the short codes. 😑

Need Help? Let's chat.