cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get two numbers in one phone

Nate90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ignorantly purchased an esim, thinking it would give me a new number. Turns out my esim has the same number as my initial physical sim. Is there a way to maybe add a new subscription to that esim in order to get a new number?

thank you,

Nate.

6 REPLIES 6

WillyWanka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need to create a new account and activate a new plan on your eSIM.  New activations offer free eSIM.

Create a new public mobile account with a different email address.  Select the plan you want.  Choose eSIM for the new activation.  Make your payment.  And you will have a second number on your eSIM.

HI @Nate90 

so, you just want a new number on the same plan?   login to My Account and go to Profile page and change phone number there

but if you want a new plan with a new esim/physical sim, you will need to buy a new physical sim or esim

Nate90

I understand. But I have still wasted the initial purchase of the esim that I did on my existing account...

@Nate90 

On the PM app on your phone logout on the first account then login and create a new account with a new email address because you can only have 1 account/1 email address.

Your will need to purchase a new SIM if you want to transfer the first number onto a SIM. Or just left the first number on the eSIM and get a new number/plan on the new SIM.

Nate90

My phone does support dual sim. I've already purchased and applied the esim to my phone using the existing email account I had. 

I just can't seem to know how to load that new esim with a subscription plan. How would I go about doing that?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nate90 

If you phone has dual SIM compatibility, you should be able to purchase a new subscription with a new number.  You will need a separate email address and separate account for your new number.  Some phones support 2 eSIM while other support one physical SIM card and one eSIM.  

Need Help? Let's chat.