cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get my old number of Public Mobile

renubajaj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to Chatr a day after my anniversary date so my Public mobile number could not get ported to Chatr. Now problem is I did not take my old Public Mobile SIM from the store employee and could not able to pay monthly subscription to Public Mobile phone so that it may be ported to Chatr. Now I have bought a new Public Mobile Number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) again and want to get my old Public Mobile number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) while using the services of Public Mobile company. I was using this number for my business as well. The ironny is that Store emplyee had asked me the aniversery date and I had told her that it was yesterday only even then she had not guide me correctly and this problem had arisen. This incident took place 35 days ago and I can still listen my recorded message of my voice mail. My manager had discuss this matter with Public Mobile Official but suprisingly he told that my home address and email ID address are not matching. I am shocked to listen as I was using my old number since August 2019. 

Edit: phone number redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

20 REPLIES 20

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@renubajaj Based on reading through this thread, this my suggested course of action for you:

a) submit a ticket as already suggested, explain the situation, and ask the moderators to reactivate your original PM account/phone number long enough to transfer to Chatr.

b) as soon as your original PM account has been reactivated contact Chatr and transfer that number.

c) call 611 with your new PM SIM card installed and turn autopay OFF. This account is lost money, unless you want to give it to a friend/relative.

Of course, since you've not used your original PM number for 35 days, it might just be easier to get a new number from Chatr, and abandon your PM accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@jsmarjara wrote:

Please read this link . May be it will help you.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

@jsmarjara 

Your link mainly deals with postpaid scenarios which don't apply to prepaid services like Public Mobile.

However, the highlighted portion is valid for any provider. And the OP of this thread did NOT keep their account active, hence the possible ways to deal with it that are pointed out in this thread.

Screenshot_2020-01-26-Switch-Providers-and-Keep-your-Number-CRTC.jpg

jsmarjara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please read this link . May be it will help you.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@renubajaj wrote:

I already bought new SIM card of Public Mobile with new number but the problem is I want my old number and for which company want to match my ID and it is not matching. It is shocking that it is not matching when I was using the number for 9 months. I do not know why it is not matching. Irony is this old number is still not alloted to anyone else and its voice recording messaging system is still active in my voice. I do not know what to do ? Public Mobile Officials are not doing anything for me.  

You should have ask before activate another account with the new SIM card.  You wasted $10 for the SIM card and the plan fee for the new account.  Now, you have two PM accounts.  you cannot transfer your old number from the old PM account to the new PM account.  No provider in Canada will allow transfer phone numbers between accounts within a provider.  Sorry for the bad news.  Another option is just use the new account since it is all paid for and forget about keeping your old number.

To get your old account back, you need to login to your self-serve account to change your account to use a SIM card and pay your old plan fee and reactivate your old suspended account.

If you did not create a self-serve account for your old plan, you need to create a moderator support ticket to setup a self-serve account for your old account.  Then, login to your self-serve to change your account to use the new SIM card.

@gblackma wrote:

Was told 90 by virgin prepaid @CannonFodder .

@CannonFodder wrote:

@renubajaj wrote:

Irony is this old number is still not alloted to anyone else and its voice recording messaging system is still active in my voice.

It sits in a "quarantined" state for at least 60 days(but it MIGHT be 90.... haven't seen any definitive answer on that) before it gets released to be allotted to someone else.

I'm wondering if different providers have different policies on the "quarantine" time on numbers, because I've seen it mentioned, just yesterday, I THINK, that some are using 60 days!? I would've thought that would be something that the CRTC would've mandated for ALL cell phone providers..... maybe need to do a little research on this topic. 🤔 

Was told 90 by virgin prepaid @CannonFodder .

@CannonFodder wrote:

@renubajaj wrote:

Irony is this old number is still not alloted to anyone else and its voice recording messaging system is still active in my voice.

It sits in a "quarantined" state for at least 60 days(but it MIGHT be 90.... haven't seen any definitive answer on that) before it gets released to be allotted to someone else.

@renubajaj what plan were you on? That is, how much would it cost you to reactivate the plan to allow it to be ported out? Is this a work phone? Why can't they reassign you a new number?

In order to do this since you have no account, no SIM, as mentioned above, the only way would be to contact a moderator. Have you done that? Did you receive an answer?

@tweakthis wrote:

How odd. When I bought my SIM card it was not allocated with a number. I could keep my same number or choose a new one

See my post directly above yours.....

@renubajaj wrote:

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How odd. When I bought my SIM card it was not allocated with a number. I could keep my same number or choose a new one. I guess my phone must have had a SIM, I just don't remember.

Are the mods not replying or not helping? It is a slow process to get mod assistance sometimes. They are great, but they are volunteers. It's a bit frustrating to not be able to call a 1-800 number.

@tweakthis wrote:

This may be too easy, but how about if you invest the $10 in a new sim card and port over the number?

The OP wants the old PM number, which he/she no longer has, because, if I understood it correctly, the OP got a Chatr account 1 day AFTER the original PM account expired.

renubajaj

I already bought new SIM card of Public Mobile with new number but the problem is I want my old number and for which company want to match my ID and it is not matching. It is shocking that it is not matching when I was using the number for 9 months. I do not know why it is not matching. Irony is this old number is still not alloted to anyone else and its voice recording messaging system is still active in my voice. I do not know what to do ? Public Mobile Officials are not doing anything for me.  

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This may be too easy, but how about if you invest the $10 in a new sim card and port over the number? I was with Virgin mobile before Public Mobile and carried my same phone number when I switched providers. My old phone didn't have a sim card so it may not be as easy as I think it should be. Btw, always register you electronics ... identity theft is an issue. You should probaby edit your message to hide your phone numbers since your business is involved. Just a thought.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@renubajaj 

Since you left your PM SIM card at the store, you need to buy a PM SIM card to replace your old SIM card using your self serve account.

If you did not create a self serve account, you need to create a  moderator support ticket uing the ? Button at the right bottom corner of this page.

@renubajaj 

You will need to contact moderator to get this all sorted out. 

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The good news is your number remains in a suspended state for 90 days after non-payment, so you might still be able to get it back.

The bad news is if you didn't make a self-serve account for that number, it will be harder.

I think your only option is to click the '?' in the lower right and seek the help of a moderator.

renubajaj

I had not made any account for my old number. Even if it allows me to make my old account then how can I get my SIM again for the old number

renubajaj

I forget to mention this incident took place 53 days ago and my old number is still playing my voice mail recording. The Store Manager had a word with Public Mobile Help but they are not convinced with the details I have provided like email address and my home address. I was wondering that how it has happened when I was using this number since August 2019. I can provide all my personal documents as well. 

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I follow correctly what you are saying, I think rather than buying a new Public Mobile number, you should have logged into your old number's self serve account and made a payment to restore your old number.

Can you still log into your old account?

PS: I don't think you're supposed to post phone numbers.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@renubajaj Please delete your personal information from your post.

Need Help? Let's chat.