cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future planning.

Webb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. Webb here.

An answer to this question is not immediately required. The phone I use has the capacity for two sim cards to be used at the same time. Obviously I have a sim card bought in BC. That is the one that has my current phone number. Some time soon I may be travelling to Alberta. My plan is to wait until I am in that province to buy a second Public sim card, install it in the second slot in my phone, and use it while in Alberta to avoid roaming charges. Can I do this with a second Alberta Public phone number?

DW

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Webb 

No need but that second sim card slot for travel in the US or internationally for a local sim card will be very helpful. While you are in Alberta you can purchase some public mobile vouchers and save the 7% in provincial taxes you pay here in bc.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Webb  Yes, you can do that.  

PM is prepaid and does not tie with address at all, you can pick number from any province.  But they charge tax based on the province of the phone number

But , if you are on Canada-Wide Calling, there is no need to get another number.  There is basically no Roaming within Canada.  Your plan , minute and data works anywhere in Canada.  (unless you are on Provincial wide calling, which was only offered briefly,  just 2 months) .  And Data, regardless of the plans, its always Canada wide

So, if you are in Canada Wide Calling, you can just pick a different plan if you need more data. 

@Webb 

Going from province to province isn't roaming as it's all one network. All plans that Public Mobile are currently offering Canada-wide calling, but even older, no longer offered province-wide calling plans don't incur roaming charges in other provinces.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Webb there are no roaming charges here you can use the sim you have now there will be no extra charges sometimes people will use one sim for personal and one for business  

Need Help? Let's chat.