cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequencies and other names used

stuart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is rather confusing to try and understand the different nomenclatures used for supported freq's.  I have used 3 different Kospet smart watches, all of which work 100% as expected.  I am trying out a 4th from a different company and although it supports what would appear to be a larger, all inclusive list of bands, it does not work with PM.

Their list: WCDMA:850/2100
FDD-LTE:B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20 

The latest Kospet only claims to support:  B2,B5,B7

https://kospet.com/products/kospet-optimus-2-smartwatch?customer_posted=true#contact_form

IF PM only supports 3G 850/1900 (as reported here in the community), why/how does the Kospet work ? and shouldn't the new one work? Isn't WCDMA an other name for 3G. 

As I said, it is confusing.

6 REPLIES 6

@stuart wrote:

Yes, I forgot to mention I only need voice.  If you have time to ruminate on this one  .... the watch that only claims B2,B5,B7 works and the one that claims WCDMA:850/2100 does not - exactly the opposite of what is expected and why I am confused.  Where does this break down, what is not as we think it is.  The opening question(s) are still in play.

HI @stuart   you need both 850 and 1900 for voice to work perfectly.  I believe if you only have 850, it won't work in many area.  So, your watch could work in areas where 850 is there, but fails to work because area has only 1900 and not 850.  Overall, it won't be reliable for your watch with only 850 and lack 1900

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying there is a watch where you can stick SIM and have full mobile service?

If that is correct and you already had good experience with 3 similar watches, if you have PM SIM handy just stick it into new watch and see if it works.

Everything else is theory and it might or not work no matter what specs say.

stuart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I forgot to mention I only need voice.  If you have time to ruminate on this one  .... the watch that only claims B2,B5,B7 works and the one that claims WCDMA:850/2100 does not - exactly the opposite of what is expected and why I am confused.  Where does this break down, what is not as we think it is.  The opening question(s) are still in play.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi  @stuart   PM service will support watch as long as there is a compatible sim slot, no eSIM support for PM

The bands you provided was correct on LTE.  Do you need the watch for data or voice?    

PM data works on both LTE and 3G while voice only works on 3G

With the bands of your watch, data should work.  But if you want to have voice calls on the watch, the watch needs to have compatible 3G bands

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@stuart 

but public mobile service not support Watch.

Need Help? Let's chat.