cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free SIM but don't know anyone on Public Mobile

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Until May 10 Public Mobile is offering a rebate covering the SIM cost, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Sharing-is-Caring-Refer-a-Friend-and-th....

If you are short of friends on Public Mobile, try sending a private message, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating...,

to anyone on this list, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/kudos/kudosleaderboardpage/category-id/Public_Mobile_.... Many of them will be willing to give a phone number to use as the referral when activating your SIM.

If anyone prefers to add their name, as willing, to this thread, go ahead.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
8 REPLIES 8

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks, Luddite.

I’m here to help.  I do not need a refferal.   

The Bravo leaderboard is a great place to look for referrals to reward the members who are putting in time and effort to help out other members.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the announcement.  I sure could use some help to restore my depleted referral bank. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite Thank you buddy

@meocon wrote:

587-+++++++ I think PM just need a phone number not a name, right

Correct.

As this forum is open to the world, including bots looking for email addresses and phone number, it's best to never post personal info. I deleted your phone number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The time limited $10 50/50 plan was too good to pass on, so I activated my spare SIM on a Calgary number, and have cancelled my other VOIP service. Call forwarding is included in the $10 plan, and does not use minutes!

I bought my new SIM at a Wal-mart, and referred myself. (Different e-mail address required.) Set up auto-pay and got the plan for $8.00 plus tax per month. And as someone else pointed out, the tax rate for an Alberta number is 5% GST only. (I live in BC, but need an Alberta number also.)

I'm on a province-wide calling plan within BC, and in a pinch, I can also use this spare account for Canada wide calling, as the 50/50 plan is Canada-wide minutes. I used to use Skype for long distance calling, but have cancelled that as well. Another $3.00 to put towards the Public Mobile plan! (Thankfully, my newest phone is dual SIM, making the temporary switch super easy...)

If anyone needs help figuring out their options, feel free to send me a private message. There's of course, a plethora of topics in the community to search for... how to port a number from another carrier, how the plans work, how to reduce the cost of your plan via rewards to as low as ZERO, etc...

Private messaging will require that you set up an account on the community, which is SEPARATE from your actual self-serve Public Mobile account. If you are having trouble activating a SIM for some reason - do not despair. Set-up the separate account on the community (which just needs e-mail and password), and you'll be able to communicate with other Public Mobile customers and of course, contact a 'Mod' (Public Mobile employee) to get that help you need help activating a SIM if something 'glitched' on your first attempt.

Cheers!

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

587-+++++++ I think PM just need a phone number not a name, right

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 12.05.18 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.