cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Abuse

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Are there any measures in place to detect abuse/ fraud in the forums.

For example someone creating a new account 3 hours ago, just to give bravos to themselves?

This account created 3 hours ago but has given 96 bravos to another specific person, going back to posts as far back as 3 weeks ago????

image1.jpg

Are we allowed to call out people? if not a mod can amend my post, but this is shady and not cool.

66 REPLIES 66

@TheOldVR it is not even that odd

Heck I could make that a precondition to a referal

(If I give you a credit for a refer you owe me 200 bravos lol)

Worse if people are freinds (real life or internet) or related there certainly will be cases where more bravos are passed around

Gaming the system really does not have much effect beyond making it look bad (eg 100 bravo in 10 minutes)

There is a certain degree to bragging rights for seeing big numbers

But from what I have seen only once has a system appeared to effect the overall rankings

It's more of a waste of mods times needing to seperate the children after the fact lol

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just scanned through this thread.... was there a resolution offered by our friends at PM?

It's an odd case as I'm not sure how PM can stop anyone from Bravo-ing anyone else... event if it is their husband, wife, or just a friend.

Hmmm.... next thing you know peeps will start selling Bravos!!

@ShawnC13 yea , the memeber was fine during january, its just that it started in the first week of February . I was seeing him everywhere, I was hoping that he is the new member of the team, but , oh well...

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ute1978   unfortunately we will have to wait until March as for this case in this thread the bravos in questions all happened in February.

@Jeremy_M  yes that is what I figured referring to my earlier post quoted above.  Just posting as @NDesai said that it would be dealt with this time.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ShawnC13

The "Foul play" was in February, not in January. Also, we have a good way of seeing who's gaming.

Thanks to all for chiming in, nice to see how much you value the Community and the effort of other members.

@NDesai wrote:

@ute1978 @ShawnC13 But it was before the January rewards were given.You will see in your account that they were applied today. Jeremy was notified and he is aware of this, so he will make sure this doesn't effect the overall ranks. Expect the announcement to go live tomorrow or the day after tomorrow if everything goes as planned. 

@NDesai  unfortunately it has not been corrected for this month (January Rewards)  The member that was mentioned in this thread looks to have gotten a Top 5% reward for January

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Keep up the great work guys

Chaos_Scorpio

@CaNuCk07 I have to say GOOD EYE on this. I agree 100% with you bringing this up front. Using a spouse to up your bravo is a big cheat, however it backfired as Shaz said, Bravo's are useless if the posts are useless, so the other guy (I forgot already ... sorry but your name wont stick with me), you just had your wife waste a lot of time for nothing. 

Ps I haven't given this many bravo's in a thread yet... fun read ... haha! I wonder if they count 😉

@ute1978 @ShawnC13 But it was before the January rewards were given.You will see in your account that they were applied today. Jeremy was notified and he is aware of this, so he will make sure this doesn't effect the overall ranks. Expect the announcement to go live tomorrow or the day after tomorrow if everything goes as planned. 

@ute1978   unfortunately we will have to wait until March as for this case in this thread the bravos in questions all happened in February.

ute1978

@MoreYummy wrote:

So there is no conclusion.  😄

Unfortunately not. In Germany we have a saying:

"He who laughs last, laughs loudest."

We will all be upset that this particular member gets a higher ranked badge than other members who work harder for their bravos. Let's wait for the announcement in a few days.

So there is no conclusion.  😄

Crap! It was a "C" user!!!!

Your time would be better spend looking for shopping carts to return for a quarter

Some even take loonies

You make more money that way

Anyways there will always be some abuses since it is impossible to prove most of the time

Unless it is blatantly obvious

Rockdaddy22
Very well said

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

The thing is; whether it is this member or others, as long as the rewards are available, there will be always someone that try to game the system. It is just normal and exists everywhere and anywhere. Now that being said it is good that the rewards are NOT BASED ON BRAVOS at all, but just a fraction of it, and also it is great with this community, since Oracles are pretty much the guardians of the galaxy with some other great members keeping an eye it, I am not worried at all.

I know these people will help keep the community clean and fair. 

Therefore, no matter what Kage Bunshin no Jutsu you are using, everyone else will be watching you with their sharingan

@NDesai  Maybe you were to late as there were two that started with "C"  going back a couple of weeksSmiley LOL

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just noticed this thread and I have to chime in a say this is ridiculous. The OP says it's not abuse but it sure seems like it.

Do these people not realize that they are jeapardizing the very thing they're taking advantage of? Do they not have any remorse that what they're doing could ruin the reward system for everyone?

Please stop.

Watoko

@SDO8 wrote:

To be honest, I think the extra bravos were unnecessary, as you were already doing so well before this. Based on your previous stats, I had no doubt that your helpful contributions for the month of January would have been rewarded with an upper level badge. Now, you may find that you have done your own reputation serious harm, in that members may not be so willing to give you bravos in the future. It's really not worth the short term gain.

@SD08, this man has said it all.

With that, I am left speechless. :applaud:

@SDO8 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@NDesai  I caught a second one yesterday as well, however this time took the quiet route and sent over to the moderators to have a gander!

Are you referring to the username starts with "C"? If yes, you're too late 😛

Heh...maybe there should be rewards (sheriff badges) for catching bravo abusers.  Smiley Tongue

@SD08 @CaNuCk07 @NDesai You guys are just pure evil XD

I havent been in for almost a week and somehow I know who are you talking about. 

I am getting scared of you three 🙂

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@NDesai  I caught a second one yesterday as well, however this time took the quiet route and sent over to the moderators to have a gander!

Heh...maybe there should be rewards (sheriff badges) for catching bravo abusers.  Smiley Tongue

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am  this isn't the first time it has been brought up publicly even in our short time here (You and I joined two days apart)  here is a thread I started back in November  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bravo-Abuse/m-p/100388#M28573  So @McLaren maybe right that this has increased since the fall promo.  I also know of a couple of incidents that have been dealt with privately and not out in the public in the last week so I am sure there more out there unfortunately

Right, it happened few times. Me personally when i was a regular member dealt privately since it was the first time. Since then, i always keep my eyes open and see if anyone fits in my radar Smiley Tongue 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am  this isn't the first time it has been brought up publicly even in our short time here (You and I joined two days apart)  here is a thread I started back in November  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bravo-Abuse/m-p/100388#M28573  So @McLaren maybe right that this has increased since the fall promo.  I also know of a couple of incidents that have been dealt with privately and not out in the public in the last week so I am sure there more out there unfortunately

It's too bad.  I wonder if having the top bravoed list right on the main page causes too much glitter in some member's eyes. 

@McLaren wrote:
Sigh... Thanks for calling them out in public - hope this deters others from doing this in the future.

The community was more enjoyable and civilised prior to the fall promo.

Do you see huge civil unrest stemming from the fall promotion?  Maybe my eyes are wide shut, this is the first thread I have seen where community policing has taken place.  The discussions in this thread have been civilized. 

@SDO8 wrote:

@Shazia_K wrote:

Please remember that giving unnecessary bravos to a post can mislead information to any new members on the community and could lead to spam. 

Lastly, if you have any concerns against a specific case or matter, I would recommend sharing it in private as it could create conflict on the community (public posts). 🙂

@Shazia_K

Thanks for the reply.

Given the recent incidents, I think it would be a good idea for PM to put out an official announcement or policy regarding bravo abuse or gaming of the system in general, and make it a featured/stickied topic for a while, not only to give notice to those who aren't sure of what's proper, but also to provide something for members to reference when communicating with other members.

Public Mobile may not want to say too much about individual incidents.  It may impair their image in the eyes of the customer base.  As individual customers, we can speak much more freely with negligible potential for harm. 

Sadly, members gaming the system is going to lead the eventual elimination of community rewards system.  If there is too much bickering amongst the members, the big hammer could be deployed.  I would hate to see the community reward system end on such a sour note.  To be honest, as members wanting to see our service provider thrive, the community reward system should see an eventual extinction.  That would indicate the service has become universally navigable by most customers.  Maybe it is early days, my impression is the new and improved community forum has made things a lot easier for new customers.

McLaren
Sigh... Thanks for calling them out in public - hope this deters others from doing this in the future.

The community was more enjoyable and civilised prior to the fall promo.

@makkahn28  The thing is authored solutions we have been told does account in it somehow so that would affect it.  In this case it wouldn't because the person hadn't made any posts just had bravoed posts

Need Help? Let's chat.