cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Band 66, Telus should also use as well, to give Freedom a run for Order 66

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

U know how Freedom has the Band 66 AWS-3 LTE, and how they claim it's traffic free, perhaps Telus should also issue out their own too, who knows, Order 66 might be an interesting competition tactic, just saying, this could be a fabulous opportunity

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jonavin @makkahn28 my apologies, I definitely misunderstood the situation.  Thanks for the correction, @Jonavin!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren that's completely wrong. You only have to check Industry Canada's website to see all the auction winners. WIND/Freedom only has a small portion of the AWS3 spectrum. Bell and Telus has got the other two blocks.  It's only Rogers that doesn't have any AWS3 sepctrum.

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf10954.html

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 they can't.  AFAIK, Freedom/Shaw have exclusive access to band 66 everywhere except....Quebec I think--where somone else outbid them and they use AWS-1 like everyone else.

So, nice idea, but at this point it's not possible.

EDIT:  I'm wrong.  See @Jonavin's reply below.  My apologies.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

nishufan

Here is the question. There are two smartphones compatible with band 66 in the market, LG V20 and ZTE Grand X4. There is no doubt that Telus has AWS-3(band 66) spectrum, but the market still needs more time develop. For Freedom mobile, the band 66 is the only option for them to deploy LTE. The "traffic free” also look like a lie. Only they have few customers on their LTE network, they can achieve the “traffic free”. With time, their LTEnetwork will overwhelm. I guess Telus will deploy their aws-3 spectrum in the future if Samsung or Apple support this band. It can create an advantage for high-end customers.

Jonavin

What?  You know where there's also no traffic? Places nobody wants to go to or have no means of gettign to. Examples, the moon. Oh and I bet Mars is pretty traffic free as well. That's what Band 66 is right now. Almost no phones availabel that's comaptible means it's traffic free.

By this time next year, I am sure nearly all new phones, especially high end one will support it. Then everybody will be on it and it will no long be "traffic free".

This is the dumbest marketing campaigne ever.

Need Help? Let's chat.