cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really frustrating trying to find which number is available

bintz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just received my sim card and am in process of signing up with PM , but when trying to pick a new number , it just seems bizzare to me how you have to load up new ones to find out which number you are looking for. Couldn't they just add a search bar for us to just search for the number we want instead of loading up new batch of number that is available? or if search bar doesn't work , maybe give us an ability to see which last 4 digits that is simliar to ones we're looking for that's available?

I'm just getting really tired trying to load new options and keep scrolling down in hopes of finding a number I would like that would match my previous number....

6 REPLIES 6

You may choose ANY location in Canada for your phone number; it does not have to be where you reside. The only caveat is that provincial calling plans are based on the area code of your number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just a bit of clarification:  When you first sign up and are in the process of activating a new phone number, they give you lots of numbers to choose from.  They'll even let you customize the last 4 digits.  However, if you want to change your new number afterward, they will only show you five choices at a time, and no customization of the last 4 digits.  It's best to spend a bit of extra time selecting a good number during sign-up if you think you might want to keep the new number.  Also, if I recall correctly, the phone numbers available from PM can only be changed by subscribers once per billing period.

bintz

If you don't mind telling me , how could I go on about doing that?

bintz

I live in Vancouver , but is it okay for me to choose Powell River for example as my local area? Vancouver's list of number doesn't seem to provide much

Myra01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is an option below to manually select/search for the last 4 digits. You first need to select one from the list with the area code and city code you'd like.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

All I can suggest is flag a PM Mod and see what they maybe able to do

Need Help? Let's chat.