cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix question marks replacing characters in texts

Ty12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

As of this morning, I am having texts from other people that contain question marks that replace certain character. This is only from contacts that are not with public mobile. I've seen a post with basic troubleshooting and I've done them all already. My language is properly set, messaging app has been updated and cache reset, my phone has been reset multiple times. This is a public mobile issue, please resolve it.

7 REPLIES 7

Scott0642

I tried to open a ticket, but it didn't seem to work, so I've sent a message using the link you provided.  Thanks for the assistance!

@Ty12 

It is a new problem we see on the Community, and I see another same issue reported on the French Communty. If this only happens today or from yesterday, it could be somehow related with the current voice service problem PM has.  I hope this will be gone after PM resolve the problem

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

@Ty12 @Scott0642 @NH72   You can open a ticket with customer support at the chat icon bottom right of this page.  If it doesn't work then send support a private message using this link which is pre-addressed to customer service

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right of this page or, if no envelope, tap your avatar for Messages.

Scott0642

I'm having the same issue.  Got a couple texts this morning which were fine, but then things got weird in the middle of a convo with a friend. Every space is replaced with a question mark, and random characters are replaced within the text.  Other than spaces, I can't see a pattern in which characters are replaced with '?'

Edit:  I've found the following are being replaced with ?: spaces, lower case c, and upper and lower case D/d, numbers 2, and 3, apostrophes

Ty12

Nope it's for all contacts that aren't with public mobile. It's the same for my wife as well who has public mobile. Only texts between us are normal. I've tried with both android and apple contacts that are not with public mobile and we receive question marks throughout the text. It's an issue with public mobile that they need to resolve 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NH72  @Ty12 

do you notice only from some particular contacts?? it is more to do with the sender using a different character code set, they might have other languages installed 

NH72

I'm having the same issue 

Need Help? Let's chat.