cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First day with PM and I cannot receive text from providers other than Public Mobile. Help pls.

Rob1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, signed up today. I'm out of town tomorrow and I'm having big issues with texting. I can send out a text to anyone but I can only receive text from Public Mobile subscribers. I am leaving at 6am tomorrow for a week and need some help. TIA

9 REPLIES 9

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you you may need to reinitiate the porting and get the text resent

@Rob1963    Did you receive the transfer request text from your other provider and responded with a YES?  You would have had 90 minutes to respond back and would need to keep the old SIM in your phone until then.  It sounds like your porting isn't complete.  You need to keep your other account active until your number is port is complete which would automatically shut down your previous account.

I'll private message you (check message inbox top right) the Telus porting number so that they can ask the previous provider to resend the transfer text request to you.

Edit:  having timelag issues!  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 

Did you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it on your old sim card? If not you will need to reinitiate your port request and reply YES on your old sim card. This is quicker by calling the telus porting department with your old providers account #. Or you can contact customer support. I will private message you the phone #.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Rob1963

Actually no, we realized incoming calls are going straight to vm 😞

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 

Are you recieving incoming calling?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Rob1963

Can you tell me what you mean by resetting network connections?

Rob1963

Yes my old number was ported to my new phone. It looks like we have one non provider who has received a text but many are not, so quite sporadic right now.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 

Did you port your number In?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rob1963 

Try rebooting your device, resetting network connections, and toggling airplane mode on and off.

You can also try removing your sim card, and reinserting it.

Need Help? Let's chat.