cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like I'm being ripped off

darham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've noticed that over the summer it seems like I have been using a lot of data and needing to purchase data add ons, I didn't really pay it much mind because I just assumed it was because I was using video calls more often when I was away from my house and my wi-fi. But I just looked at my payment history and plan details and noticed that my current 30 day plan for $25 only gave me 1024MB of data, before it was 3 GB in total for that price. Then when I look at my payment history it shows that on my plan renewal date you guys are first taking $10 "for 30 day plan" and then that same day another transaction where you take $25

I have been with this company for a couple of years now and haven't really had any complaints, but now I'm wondering how often you guys have done this to me before? 

And, the other day I could not use my mobile data so once again just assumed I used up my plan included data so had to get a taxi to the only store in my city that sells vouchers and purchased one with the intention of having to buy 1GB at $15. I added the voucher, got onto a wi-fi, accessed my account and it showed I still had a bit more than 1GB unused which was confusing but happy because I will probably need to use the voucher amount to activate my plan this month. So figured it was some setting in my phone that somehow got changed, couldn't  find anything that looked different so felt like I had to purchase the 1GB at $15 because I needed data while away from home. Added that and still no mobile data, a friend told me to take out my SIM card and put it in his phone to see if that was the issue. Did so but his phone was locked on a different network. Removed my SIM from his and put it back into mine and now my mobile data was working somehow. My point is that the money spent on that add on when I still had 1024MB unused would of really come in handy next week when I'll have to renew my plan. And the fact that you guys at some point changed your plans which is why I was spending the $25 plan cost and sometimes another $30 in add ons. NOTBA HAPPY CUSTOMER AT THE MOMENT!

7 REPLIES 7

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

$25 is 1GB and before that was 500MB (+500 MB for Autopay, so 1GB). It was never 3GB. So you are on the $35 3 GB 3G plan, if you are buying data add-ons, why not do the $40 15 GB 4G plan? That seems more sensible in the long run. You could have 90 days of the higher speed, higher cap data, for the same price as a single 1GB add on ($5 extra per 30 days basically = $15 add on cost). That's like 35GB or so extra data and at better speeds!

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darham seems like you may be confused by the charges on your PM account. $10 charge is for the talk and text, $25 is for the 3 GB data included with your plan and when combined: it will equal $35.

@darham wrote:

and noticed that my current 30 day plan for $25 only gave me 1024MB of data, before it was 3 GB in total for that price. Then when I look at my payment history it shows that on my plan renewal date you guys are first taking $10 "for 30 day plan" and then that same day another transaction where you take $25

Sorry, but 3GB has never been offered for $25.  Any bonus data was only for a limited amount of time.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darham 

Try different browser. Try incognito mode. Clear browser cache. Try refresh icons lower down to update the cached pages.

at your payment show $10 other one for $25 and total will be $35 - your rewards plus your total plus tax.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you're seeing $10 and then $25 that suggests you're on the 3gb $35 plan.

Maybe provide some images of your payment history. And your plan usage area. And add-ons area. And use the little spinner refresh icons lower down to update the cached pages.

Agree with considering a plan change.  When it comes to needing to pay for a taxi to buy a voucher, I would recommend using recharge.com to buy a voucher instead.  The fee that recharge.com charges is far less expensive than the cost of a tax. Recharge.com accepts Paypal, and that can be used in conjunction with a credit card/debit card or in conjunction with a linked bank account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darham , if you are spending $30 for data add-on to bridge to the next renewal on a $25 plan, I would suggest that you are on the wrong plan.  Buying add-on data is more expensive than included data.  

Need Help? Let's chat.