cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not activated after 16 hours

dingzq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred my number from Koodo yesterday. Everything went through well. But after 16 hours, the SIM card is still not activated yet. It shows emergency call only. 

4 REPLIES 4

dingzq

yes. I did reply say 'yes'

dingzq

Looks like not activated. See screenshot below. My Koodo text still works, but the data service is disconnected.

Screenshot_20221110-133440_Settings.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dingzq 

It sounds like a partial porting of your old number. If the Koodo SIM still works then porting was not completed.

Did you reply to the text with the Koodo SIM in your phone confirming you are porting over to PM?

If you missed this step, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dingzq   sim card not activated or porting not completed?

For sim card activated or not.  Any error message on the phone status?  Sim not provisioned? No Sim ? No Network?

If you see that, then yes, sim is not provisioned properly and you need to open ticket with PM support

However, if sim showing connected to PM, check if you can make outgoing calls.  You should!!

Next, check to see if you can receiving incoming calls.  If you cannot, then the porting is NOT completed

So, if sim not even provisioned, please open ticket with PM support

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

If sim is provisioned, but not the porting, then call porting support.  There is a number to call and I will message you.  Check Community inbox 

Need Help? Let's chat.