cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Spotty Service

AngHennessy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I understand the outage last week but even the couple weeks before and still now, my calls are dying and dropping often.  Today I was on a conference call with my Surgeon and Dr, I've had this IMPORTANT call booked for weeks. Straight away Dr was saying * Hello hello, we can't hear you* 2 hang ups Third try they gave up on me and this crucial call. I know for certain it is NOT my phone. There were also a couple of days this past week when my phone didn't work at all saying emergency calls only. My bill is always paid. What is going on , ? Could someone , anyone contact me because trying to get ahold of someone there you need magical powers  or something because it almost seems impossible. 

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes rebooting phone or toggle airport mode on/off will give you new connection. Similar to turning WiFi off/on on your computer or even turning off/on your router.

It happens, nothing is perfect.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AngHennessy 

Have you toggled airplane mode on/off? This will give you a brand new connection to the network.

AngHennessy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did ALL of the above but change to 3 G only

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AngHennessy   the problem we experienced last week was strictly with login with My Account and Activation portal.  Service was not impacted

But first, what brand and model is your phone?

Your got the service issue mainly in a particular location?  If you go to another area, was it better?

Try couple things

1. reboot your phone

2. Reseat your sim card (power off first.  take sim card out for a minute, then put it in and power up)

3. Change your Preferred network type on your phone to 3G ONLY , Check if you have solid signal 

4.  Put your PM sim card in another phone, this to rule out it is a device issue

Need Help? Let's chat.