cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall promotion anniversary - Plan discount

splendor903
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

The fine print says "Stay with us, and save $1 every 30 days after your first year, $2 after your second year, and so on". What does 1 year mean? Is it 360 days or 365 days? Does 1 year anniversary counts after 360 days (Say after 4 renewals of 90 days) or after 5th renewal of plan. 

Please clarify.Thx

15 REPLIES 15

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just be glad we are getting a loyality discount instead of having our prices increased by $5 every year.

Wafik

If you read the explanation, it does say that you save $1 a month after your first year, so even though most people's renewal dates fall before the full year, all you would be getting is $1, not $3, as the money likely appears the same way the monthly community reward is handed out.

So the way I read it, by the time your 5th renewal comes around, you will have $2 from loyalty and then $3 every 90 day period going forward from there and you receive $1 credit every month.  You do not have $3 taken off every 90 days.

I actually started with a 30 day plan, so my 4th renewal was in my second month of my 2nd year, so I got $3 on that renewal.  Worked out for me, but I wasn’t trying to game the system, I wanted to test things out mostly, but getting off WIND was my main goal.

bbdata

@splendor903 wrote:

As public mobile promoted 4GB/30 days plan for $38, then they should give plan discount after 360 days and not after another 90 days renewal. It's unfair to deny this on technicality but give it based on spirit (not on strict literal interpretation)

I disagree. This "technicality" you find unfair is what I consider very black and white and keeps it simple and logical.

Rewards are given when you meet certain criterias.

Rewards are applied at time of renewal.

If you don't have a reward, it does not get applied.

Much like you do not get the autopay reward on your very first payment because you have not met the criteria of setting it up yet at the time. Sucks, yes, but there is no strong argument that can stand against it either.

Public Mobile has more important things they can improve on then to further complicate something that doesn't need to be.

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

365 days

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker

Agreed.  No a big deal in the big scheme of things.  Smiley Happy

OMG!!!  It is 5 days different.  Live with it.  Greedy subscribers....  You just don’t understand how much you are already saving.  5 simple days to wait for your extra dollar off...

splendor903
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As public mobile promoted 4GB/30 days plan for $38, then they should give plan discount after 360 days and not after another 90 days renewal. It's unfair to deny this on technicality but give it based on spirit (not on strict literal interpretation)

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Yes, it's per the calender year. It means 365 days after you will get the Loyalty Rewards. Likely you will fall a few days short for rewards for the 3rd renewal. So after your 3rd renewal, you will see Loyalty Rewards in your account. 

The question is how the fourth renewal is treated.  The first 30 days is prior to reaching 365 days.  The next two 30 day stints are into the second year.  I suppose the ruling will be that renewal day falls within the first year and so there will be no reward given.  We might be looking at the fifth renewal before seeing the first yearly discount.

Let me explain how this works by giving en example. 

Let say you Activated on October 10, 2016 on a 90 days plan.

1st renewal - Jan 8th

2nd renewal - Apr 9th

3rd renewal - July 9th

4th renewal - Oct 8th

You must reach to a full year (365 days) to receive loyalty rewards. In this case, Oct 10th is the anniversary and since the 4th renewal takes place just before anniversary, you will not get any rewards before that. I was actually wrong about saying that OP will get rewards after 3rd renewal Smiley Surprised However, if you delay any one of the 4 renewals by not paying for a few days, there is a possibility you will get the rewards before the 4th renewal happens. 

The loyalty rewards system looks at the renewal date. If the renewal date is after the anniversary, it automatically credits the loyalty rewards even before you actually hit 366th day. This is what happened on my 2nd year anniversary Smiley Tongue

This is exactly what I thought would happen.  The reward is "dealyed" by one renewal period for the first anniversary.  Thereafter, we should be getting additional rewards every 4 renewals.

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Yes, it's per the calender year. It means 365 days after you will get the Loyalty Rewards. Likely you will fall a few days short for rewards for the 3rd renewal. So after your 3rd renewal, you will see Loyalty Rewards in your account. 

The question is how the fourth renewal is treated.  The first 30 days is prior to reaching 365 days.  The next two 30 day stints are into the second year.  I suppose the ruling will be that renewal day falls within the first year and so there will be no reward given.  We might be looking at the fifth renewal before seeing the first yearly discount.

Let me explain how this works by giving en example. 

Let say you Activated on October 10, 2016 on a 90 days plan.

1st renewal - Jan 8th

2nd renewal - Apr 9th

3rd renewal - July 9th

4th renewal - Oct 8th

You must reach to a full year (365 days) to receive loyalty rewards. In this case, Oct 10th is the anniversary and since the 4th renewal takes place just before anniversary, you will not get any rewards before that. I was actually wrong about saying that OP will get rewards after 3rd renewal Smiley Surprised However, if you delay any one of the 4 renewals by not paying for a few days, there is a possibility you will get the rewards before the 4th renewal happens. 

The loyalty rewards system looks at the renewal date. If the renewal date is after the anniversary, it automatically credits the loyalty rewards even before you actually hit 366th day. This is what happened on my 2nd year anniversary Smiley Tongue

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think as long as your 1 year anniversary falls within a renewal period you will receive the credit.

If you don't, just message the mods to credit you.

@NDesai wrote:

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, it's per the calender year. It means 365 days after you will get the Loyalty Rewards. Likely you will fall a few days short for rewards for the 3rd 4th renewal. So after your 3rd 4th renewal, you will see Loyalty Rewards in your account. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

i think you will get the reward after your 3 rd (edit initially had 4)  renewal.

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm pretty sure it goes by calendar year. So, after year one, you get $3 off per 90 day cycle. Then you get $6 off per 90 day cycle after year two and so on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.