cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed porting - need new number but says "number change failed"

michaella
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, I tried porting in from Fido but I threw my sim card away too early, and deactivated the line. PM gave me a temporary number, but I can't receive calls or texts... friends who have called me said they heard "this number is not authorized to receive calls" or something similar. Tried to change the phone number, but it says "phone number change failed". Please help, I need to communicate with people. 

ps. saw that it will say number change failed bc you can only change it once every 30 days but I never changed it to begin with..

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@michaella 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

@michaella wrote:

So, I tried porting in from Fido but I threw my sim card away too early, and deactivated the line. PM gave me a temporary number, but I can't receive calls or texts... friends who have called me said they heard "this number is not authorized to receive calls" or something similar. Tried to change the phone number, but it says "phone number change failed". Please help, I need to communicate with people. 

ps. saw that it will say number change failed bc you can only change it once every 30 days but I never changed it to begin with..

I know that you're asking about a new phone number now, but if you would like your old phone number back from Fido, you could purchase a new Fido SIM card and possibly reactivate the service there, but that's dependent on Fido's rules regarding that. As long as Fido allows your phone number and service to be reactivated, you could then retry the porting procedure to Public Mobile.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
  1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open chrome, Works best in incognito mode.
  4. Try to do it again.

Else contact customer support.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@michaella    How could you not aware of this for 2 months? You probably had no incoming calls to your number for 2 months!!!

did you get a text from PM saying your porting failed and they assigned you a new number?  If you make outgoing calls now, the receiving end should be able to confirm you your current number, you can use that number for now.  

But of course, if you really want to , you can pick another better number you like.   If you still see the error, contact PM and I am sure they will help you for a new number (but you should be able to change 4 times in a month anyway)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@michaella 

If you are with PM for 2 months and your phone was working fine.

Try powering off the phone first and wait a few minutes then power on the phone.

Also try a different browser and switch to incognito then log into your Self Serve account and go to Data and Add-ons>Change Phone Number.

If all fails, click on the SIMon chat button and type in create a ticket so a CS Agent can help you with your issue.

@michaella 

If so....you will have to contact customer support to cancel the porting of your number this likely why you have been unable to change your number. But since customer support is closed for the day try this before contacting customer support.

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome, safari or edge work best.

Then try changing your number again. You can change numbers up to 4 times per 30 days.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@michaella Number change is now allowed up to 4 times in 30 days. Try logging in using Incognito/Private browsing mode. Verify that your plan detail info is loaded correctly. A lot of time self-serve does not load properly so it throws out random errors. If you are still not able to change the number or services are not working properly after changing the number, you will need to contact CS Agent. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@michaella 

Your fido account is closed?

michaella
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

pps-- I have been with public mobile for ~2 months now. 

Need Help? Let's chat.