cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed port

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

After couple times trying porting my friend’s number to pm, always says something wrong, anybody had same problem? What’s possibilities mistakes I made?

66D2995F-AEA8-4045-BAFC-73DAE33E7AEC.png

8 REPLIES 8

Lehaha

Thanks, it’s kind complicated for me so we give up and she is going to cancel the old one and start a new one with PM.

Lehaha

Thanks, I tried 3times and did both ways but none of them works 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

From your original thread on how to activate your friend. Please see the bolded portion below to see if this applies other than all the other stuff that may apply in this post.

Failed to port in upon activation? If the old account is still active or not active (but not canceled) and with koodo or telus you can still port in thru the change number feature in the self serve account. You will need the following info....

• Provider
  • Full name on the account.
  • Phone number
  • Old provider's account #.
  • Or if the account # cannot be provided the IMEI# of the phone. Just double check that you enter the IMEI# correctly. Worse case scenario you can use the account's PIN #.

Then ensure the old Sim card is in the phone to reply YES to the PAT ( porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. If that is not possible then call the old provider's customer service line immediately after you request the port to verify you are the account holder and verbally authorize the port request. If the phone number is from PC mobility or koodo prepaid the procedure to transfer the phone number is to take a temporary number and contact customer support to transfer the phone number over and assign it to the account.

If your friend intends to stick with the new number make sure they remove any payment card set up for pre-authorized payment and/or cancel the old account if it is a postpaid account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lehaha   Error 821 is likely due to the fact that you were using IMEI number as porting information instead of account number of the old provider

first check if your credit card was charged.  

If not, please try activation again using Incognito mode and please provide your old account number instead of IMEI.   With that, it should work

Lehaha

The problem was I even couldn’t get through the process after I finished all the instructions 

Lehaha

Yes I tried it too 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

Are you using the old provider's account number to do the port?

That's much better than using other methods.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting

Have you recently tried to port or transfer your number into Public Mobile? Here are some tips should you experience any issues. First, ensure that you have received a validation SMS text from your previous service provider, and that you have followed the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
  • Be sure to check all texts and emails that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

If you have already received and responded to your validation SMS text from your service provider, your transfer to Public Mobile should be in progress. Please note that the number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days.You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.