cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facetiming experience

lloydc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Can anyone share their experiences when facetiming on PM network?

Does the call go smoothly and video has no pixelation?

Lloyd

11 REPLIES 11

No I am good lol, didn't care about facetiming before and definitely not now if I had to do it without wifi

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lloydc @JL9 If you're planning to Facetime often, get the most data you can afford. The $50 10.5 GB is the sweet spot.

schinz13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No issues with facetime or any other platform zoom is excellent no delays on either

@dust2dust wrote:

Wifi? Just about everywhere.

I was thinking that too 🙂...but obviously not everywhere

JL9
Mayor / Maire

As eluded too be mindful of your data. It can chew it up quite quickly if there is a lot of facetime going on. What plan do you have or are you thinking of getting?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Wifi? Just about everywhere.

DDM69

I have had no issues using FaceTime. The calls were clear, no pixilation and I’m saving money! 😊

LeePublic

Not FaceTime but I've done WhatsApp videocalls over LTE, and they are pretty smooth. Just don't expect 4K quality, maybe in my experience, 720p? Good enough for my needs.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lloydc 

That's a lot of mobile data to waste on whats essentially a phone call? But saying that depending on network traffic it may be better on 3G rather than 4G LTE.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @lloydc   I made some video calls and joined some web conf. before using PM on the throttled speed, it decent.  Not bad.   

As long as you are not looking for HD or 4K quality, the speed is sufficient for that

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@lloydc it has always worked fine for me,it also depends on the other end also 

Need Help? Let's chat.