Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely high data usage

Irkas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

im using iPhone with currently iOS 15.1 

I found very high data usage.

I turned off all settings what using data and still after few days all my data limit was consumed.

I talked with Apple customer service, they checked my system and confirmed that everything is good from iOS settings.

Early when I had installed iOS 14.x, my data plan was ended data available even when I had all settings turned on.

40 REPLIES 40

@Irkas wrote:

this what’s happening 

on Saturday my plan was renewed and today all 500mb is used 

I newer used more than 500mb in a month 

@Irkas 

What does your Overview usage say? This is the most accurate to go by.

Sometimes we hear of those texts not being accurate, sent erroneously. 

@Irkas  unfortunately OS  cannot track usage before.   So, you need a tracking app now to track your usage. from this moment  and confirm where the usage leak is . 

Irkas

739F7E5F-B9DC-4362-875D-99C64265AD25.jpegthis what’s happening 

on Saturday my plan was renewed and today all 500mb is used 

I newer used more than 500mb in a month 

Irkas

Thanks for suggestions, but really almost everything in system synchronization is off. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Irkas wrote:

Hello

im using iPhone with currently iOS 15.1 

I found very high data usage.

I turned off all settings what using data and still after few days all my data limit was consumed.

I talked with Apple customer service, they checked my system and confirmed that everything is good from iOS settings.

Early when I had installed iOS 14.x, my data plan was ended data available even when I had all settings turned on.

@Irkas  are you looking at your Overview area on your Self Serve account?

This would be the most accurate level of what is used up in your current cycle.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

Sometimes people are looking at their phones device's data, but it does not match the billing dates of the actual cycle of your Public Mobile account.

OR, sometimes people are looking at their wifi usage on their device as well, which will be incorrect to go by.

Go to Settings > Cellular and you can see how much data you've used within each of your list of your apps. 

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. I am sure there is one for Apple to track this. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

@Irkas wrote:

Thanks 

I tough it 

but my all data gone in 4 days!

What plan are you on? Some of the less expensive plans do not have a lot of data - it's very easy to burn through 1GB of data in a matter of a half an hour (or less) if you are watching videos (even "previews" in the corner of your browser) or do speed tests.

One possible culprit could be "WiFi assist" (or whatever they call it these days...) - if you allow your phone to do so (by not turning the feature off), it'll still use data even if you are on WiFi, if the phone deems the WiFi signal "not strong enough"... 

Irkas

No, currently almost everything is off

not downloading software from AppStore

not using any social app on cellular network 

@Irkas   Any chance you have used mobile data to download the iOS update?  or the App Update?

Irkas

Thanks 

I tough it 

but my all data gone in 4 days!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Irkas   you need some data tracking app to track the usage of each app

try to use My Data Manager.  Make sure to setup the data cycle to make it start every 30 days and make sure the cycle start date match your PM cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.