cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing difficulties processing your request to move your number

LarryMorrison
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just trying to get my number transferred over from bell to public. Received the subject line as a text fro  public

14 REPLIES 14

@Bdevillena wrote:

@stonechucker I am leaving public mobile. My koodo account is active and my prepaid public mobile account should also be active.

If you are unable to login to youe PM account then it is more than likely not active due to the attempt to port your number out. That is what happens during a port. Best to contact Koodo and they should be able to sort it out.

Bdevillena

@stonechucker I am leaving public mobile. My koodo account is active and my prepaid public mobile account should also be active.

@Bdevillena, are you coming to, or leaving, Public Mobile?

Which accost is now inactive?

Bdevillena

Hello,

I have problems trying to Port a number over. 

My account was cancelled and I am unable to reactivate. 

Is there a way to activate my account?

Cheers,

Ben

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @LarryMorrison,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

@hairbag1 wrote:

Maybe give Bell a call and see if there's a problem on their end.

Normally, I would say it's a generally a bad idea to contact the carrier that you will be leaving because it's very easy for the customer to say the wrong thing or for customer service to misunderstand what you are asking and just go ahead and cancel your service on the spot.  Also, many customers do not understand not to cancel the old service like that and will actually call up and say "I wish to cancel".  If you do that, you won't be able to transfer your phone number.

It's actually the responsibility of the carrier that is taking over the phone number to look into things and find out if anything has gone wrong.

However, the very reason that contacting Bell might be useful has to do with tactics that Bell sometimes employs by refusing to let go of a phone number until first speaking with the customer. 

@LarryMorrison wrote:

Thanks! That helped me het there.  But now I have This error now

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

I'll be contacting a moderator.

Is the account containing the number active?  Did the eligibility check pass?

LarryMorrison

Thanks! That helped me het there.  But now I have This error now

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

I'll be contacting a moderator.

@LarryMorrison wrote:

thanks for replying:)

I just go through the actual activation again then you mean?

or is there somewhere in the picture I Can I can go.

@LarryMorrison

Choose the Plan and Add on Tab, then Change Phone number Tab.  Then Transfer a wireless number option.  Put in your Bell number, account number and account holder number.  Submit.  

If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator as described above.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LarryMorrison, sorry I had to remove your screen cap.  You did not white out the personal information. 

LarryMorrison

thanks for replying:)

I just go through the actual activation again then you mean?

or is there somewhere in the picture I Can I can go.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Never talk to the old provider.  Everything is done on the Public Mobile end.  On the Bell end, the only requirement is the plan containing the number is active, nothing more.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@LarryMorrison Not sure why it did not go through. Did you provide correct phone number and account number? Is your current Bell account active? You can try again from your self serve account. You only need to provide your number and account number associated with your number. Make sure you tick the Authorized box. If it fails again, your only choice is to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will try from their end. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.