cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim transfer

Its_daud
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated esim in wrong device so how can I deactivate and move to another device 

7 REPLIES 7

@Meow wrote:

eSIM is not transferable. I believe PM offers free eSIM in case of failure but in your case it is replacement due to incorrect activation.

You can open a ticket and try to get replacement...

@Meow 

eSIMs are now transferrable to new phones.  Just need to download App on the new phone. Login and purchase another eSIM.  It should be free also.  This policy changed several months ago. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech wrote:

@Wayworn wrote:

But how can one keep the same phone number on the e-sim on the new device?

@Wayworn 

you keep the same number because you are buying the new esim after you login to the PM.  

Download the app on your new phone.  Login with the same login credentials,   Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

Yes I get that - but just to make sure - when I instal the new e-sim will it automatically have the same previous phone number?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

eSIM is not transferable. I believe PM offers free eSIM in case of failure but in your case it is replacement due to incorrect activation.

You can open a ticket and try to get replacement...

@Wayworn wrote:

@Wayworn 

you keep the same number because you are buying the new esim after you login to the PM.  

Download the app on your new phone.  Login with the same login credentials,   Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

@Its_daud , install the app on the other device, login to your account and purchase a new e-SIM.

@Its_daud 

As you've already paid for an eSIM on your Public Mobile account, a new eSIM to use should be free.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Its_daud , install the app on the other device, login to your account and purchase a new e-SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.