cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim to physical sim still only SOS

kylebunga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a esim and just bought a physical sim. I added the number in my profile and make sure it was correct.  I put the sim in my phone and reset the phone and re enter the sim many times and all I have is SOS.  How long does this take to update. Its been about 30 minutes and I still don't have single. 

8 REPLIES 8

kylebunga

Yes I using a new sim from PM.  I tried the SIM in my wife's phone. She has the exact same iphone as me. It works.  Her PM sim works in my phone.  For some reason my phone doesn't like the SIM on my account.  I went and bought a new SIM today after opening a ticket and the same thing is happening.  I have no idea what else to do but a full restore on my phone.  

hi @kylebunga you should delete the old PM eSIM first

Then reboot the phone, check to make sure the Physical sim showing Turn on this Line enabled 

the. Reset network settings and test 

kylebunga

I have an iPhone 13 pro. I was using an eSIM with public mobile before and it worked fine

@kylebunga what phone is yours??

was the phone ever work on PM??

kylebunga

I tried the Public mobile physical SIM into another phone and it worked.  I also tried another SIM in my phone and it worked. For some reason this SIM will not let me connect in my phone. I also reset all network settings too

kylebunga

Yes I used a Roger physical sim before and it worked

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kylebunga 

should be instant

if you have another phone , you can try the physical sim there, or at least reseat the sim card 

And make sure your eSIM is disabled and the physical sim is enabled.

On Android, check Sim Manager 

On iPhone , toggle on "Turn on this line" with the physical sim amd set as Primary, and toggle off "Turn on this line " with the eSIM 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

To be certain, you’ve used a NEW SIM card purchased from public mobile?

You also may need to enter your devices SIM manager in settings and ensure the device is ‘pointing’ to the correct SIM slot/location.

Need Help? Let's chat.