cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim phone number not updating to ported number

Heather80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up for the $34 / 40 gig plan and ported my number from Virgin. I received all the messages and answered yes to Virgin. I got a message from PM to restart the phone to finish the process. I did that. My profile page shows the correct phone number but the esim still has the temp phone assigned to it. I can't send/receive calls or messages. This is on an IPhone 13. @CS_Agent 

6 REPLIES 6

Anna4668
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What was the resolution for this? I’m having the same issue. 

Heather80

Telus can't redo the port. The port has been completed. Is there a number to call for tech service for esim help?

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Alright, you can also always message a CS Agent using the following link 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Make sure to monitor the envelope icon on the top right since that is where you will receive the response.

Abheer_0-1700943356853.png

Heather80

Thanks but this didn't work. I'm on hold with the porting department. 

Abheer

Also, I just transferred over a friend's virgin number today. He was facing an issue just like you. I went into his settings, went to cellular and I found out the the old virgin SIM was still active. We removed that, restarted phone and it worked for him. This may or may not work for you.

Abheer

Hi @Heather80 

I am sending you a porting team phone number, check your envelope icon on the top right. Give them a call and ask them to redo the port process. 

Abheer_1-1700942030701.png

Need Help? Let's chat.