cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using existing phone number

Lovey444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I’ve just purchased a new subscription to PM and haven’t cancelled my existing phone service. How do I retain my phone number once I get the SIM card and activate? 

3 REPLIES 3

Johnvu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you complete your subscription? Did you pick your own number yet? If you did not . Set up your account with PM , insert new sim , they will ask transfer your old number or pick up new one? Transfer old one you need to fill out the number you want to transfer , old account number or old SIM card number . Make sure your number still work and active , keep your old sim in your cell , you will get text from your carrier to confirm for transfer , when you say Yes , your old service will be cut , then insert new sim , if you have only one cell 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Once your service stabilizes and you confirm everything works as expected - SMS/calls in/out with temporary number (pick any) then go to

Profile where you can:

- Change phone number

- Change SIM number

- Transfer Phone Number

Do NOT cancel old service. Initiate number transfer, keep old SIM in your phone, reply YES within 90 minutes after receiving SMS from OLD provider and you should be all set. Porting should complete shortly.
Any issues, come back and guys (and gals) here will help you out if needed.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Lovey444 

There will be an option there during sign up to transfer your number over.

However, if you miss it, when you log into your account online, this is how.

How to port number from “Blank” to Public Mobile

First, make sure your number can be ported by checking on this link

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Or log in to your Public Mobile account

Then on your right side you’ll see this box. Click on Transfer Phone Number.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709250747743.png

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709250747641.png

Then enter the number you want transfer and continue to next step

Chalupa_Batman_2-1709250747850.png

NOTE: Keep your old provider's SIM card inside the phone until you get the confirmation text. Say YES. But wait just a bit longer until you no longer see your old provider's name up top. Once it’s gone, try making a call to test. If you can not make a call using your old providers SIM, the transfer has gone through.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Need Help? Let's chat.