Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error changing password

Naomi0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I go to change my password it says error can't change password

13 REPLIES 13

@Naomi0  Also if your device has saved email and password , the device will want to sign in automatically allow this to happen along with clearing web browser incognito private mode and see if that helps and don’t hit log in just let device try and sign you in automatically 

Then that might be proving the theory. Other than the unnecessary line about calling the toll free, the above will get you to support.

@Naomi0 wrote:

I tried submitting a ticket, only gave me the 404 page. And no I don't remember the 4 digit pin. I feel so hopeless! 

@Naomi0   use method 2 above (direct message) to submit the ticket instead

Naomi0

I tried submitting a ticket, only gave me the 404 page. And no I don't remember the 4 digit pin. I feel so hopeless! 

Naomi0

Haven't logged in for a few months, and last time I did I had huge troubles to. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Naomi0   if you call 1.855.4PUBLIC and enter your phone number, does the system able to find your account?  If it cannot, then your account would have been closed already

If it can, then yes, account still active, you can disable Pre-Authorized payment there if you know the 4 digits PIN

If you don't know the PIN, then you will  need to open ticket with PM Support for them to help resetting the password

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Do you know your 4 digit account pin? The 611 has an option to do that.

When was the last time you logged in? Someone here has a theory that if not logged in for a while that the credentials somehow get affected.

It certainly sounds like you'll need support to fix the log in though.

Naomi0

I positively know I used the correct email and password but it says they are not valid so I tried resetting the password but it won't  let me, so I can't get into my account at all. So I can't disable auto pay. 

What are you trying to do in the account? That 611 service can do a handful of things. Not everything.

How certain are you that you're entering the email address correctly? Have you verified which email you used by the welcome email or other marketing and promotion emails you might have received from here?

It may or may not be the same email you have here in the community account.

Naomi0

Just the usual, told me when my next payment is due,  and the account options

What recording do you get when you dial 611?

Naomi0

I tried all those things. Still does the same thing. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Naomi0 

Website can be finicky.

Try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode. 

Even try a computer/lab top (instead of mobile phone). 

Need Help? Let's chat.