cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error; Creating new account, porting from Bell

capnNorthAMERCA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I'm trying to port a number out of a Bell corporate account.  

It's giving me this error " The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here."

I have no account created or associated with this number.

I was able to successfully port out a different bell account less than 2 months ago.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

capnNorthAMERCA

It worked everyone, thanks for the help. I was just trying to process it through the wrong Page

@NDesaiwrote:

@will13amwrote:

The invalid phone number error can sometimes occur due to browser compatibility issues.  Try again using a different browser, incognito mode, clearing browser cache.  These are some of the workarounds that seem to be reported as effective by other customers.  To be safe that activation will be successful, it is always a good idea to take a number first and then once activation is complete, go back and port the number via number change function.

I believe, OP tried to activate the sim here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

That is completely a wrong place to activate the sim card. 

I should pay closer attention.  I saw mention of past success which suggest that the process is routine. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @capnNorthAMERCA,

I can help you with your port and activation issue.

I just sent you a private message, could you reply to it privately also?

Sincerely,

Gregory

@will13amwrote:

The invalid phone number error can sometimes occur due to browser compatibility issues.  Try again using a different browser, incognito mode, clearing browser cache.  These are some of the workarounds that seem to be reported as effective by other customers.  To be safe that activation will be successful, it is always a good idea to take a number first and then once activation is complete, go back and port the number via number change function.

I believe, OP tried to activate the sim here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

That is completely a wrong place to activate the sim card. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@capnNorthAMERCAwrote:

I have not activated the SIM card yet, as when I begin the process I can’t even enter my phone number 

I don’t have an account yet

this is a bell corporate account, if that changes anything 

You need to activate the Public Mobile sim here: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

On step 2, it will ask you if you would like to choose a new number of port in your number from bell. You can either port in directly or choose a new number for now to make sure everything works fine. Then you can request to port in your number from bell. Make sure your bell account is currently active. 

capnNorthAMERCA

I have not activated the SIM card yet, as when I begin the process I can’t even enter my phone number 

I don’t have an account yet

this is a bell corporate account, if that changes anything 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@capnNorthAMERCA You are trying to create an account, but if you successfully activated your sim card, you should already have an account. You can enter your email and password you entered during activation to login to your self-serve account. From there you should be able to port in your number from bell. 

If you had an account with PM, but you ported out your number, then you will have to get a new sim and activate again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.