cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post congestion

ryandanielt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have been scrolling through posts and noticed that it's very hard to read many threads because of useless posts my members trying to raise there post count.

Isn't there any rules about this? Most posts have been resolved and people still post trying to make it look like there going to solve a resolved problem.

If there's no rules on this maybe one can be implemented?
7 REPLIES 7

So you continuing on in this thread is exactly the same, you do realize this, right?

your solution is to post in the Public Lab, this idea, and have the community provide their thoughts, and PM to decide if they like the idea.

thanks for letting me give you another copy of the solution.

if I provided you a solution, kindly mark this post as such.

hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend.

welcome to the Community.

ryandanielt
Nothing rude about this, what I find rude is someone bumping a solved thread just to bump up there post count and stats.

It's a simple suggestion to make information easier to find without being forced to read useless information.

ie. Not reading a solution has been found and then posting asking for more information to try and make it look like you want to solve the problem.

Many posts on account related issues that are only fixable by a staff member you will find people asking for phone models and if they changed settings on there phone recently even after a staff member said they fixed it or are going to fix it.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Fair enough.  This is worhty of being posted as an idea in Public labs section where PM staff formally consider suggestions from us.  

Although, personally I like PM community as a very laid back and easy going place.  Don't want rudeness to creep in among the community members. 

ryandanielt
Rules I would suggest would be something that would prevent users from bumping a solved thread marked or not and consequences should be warnings then account suspensions.

It's clearly not hard for someone to read and figure out a post has been solved or not. I see people doing this mainly to build up there account stats.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @ryandanielt!

There isn't such a rule at the moment.  However, the PM staff do keep an eye and would send private message if they think someone is posting too many irrelevant/useless posts.  

What would you suggest as a possible rule change to counter post congestion?

If its possible to implement, I would suggest that once a thread is marked solved, only the original post and the solution post be shown by default.  The rest of the posts should be hidden.. but accessible by clicking for full thread.  I can see this getting complicated fast as well.  Would require make default serach to only search OP and Solutions.. with an option to do full search as well.  

ryandanielt
Perhaps bringing on some low level mods that can report/hide useless posts until full mod can verify?
One major problem with forums is lack of mods for enforcement.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is the inevitable result of a forum system. Fortunately, the threads here don't get very long and is very manageable compared to some of the rooting/Rom threads at xda which can span 100's of pages. I've literally spent hours looking for a very specific post to a solution on a very specific problem.

But if you have any ideas... maybe post it in the public lab.

Oh. Actually, if one were to sort the thread by bravos, maybe that could weed out the unnecessary comments in a thread. Bravos usually indicate a good or correct answer. So if you were to sort by bravos, you would see the original post followed by any accepted solution followed by the most bravoed posts.

Need Help? Let's chat.