cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of existing promo plan

Calmfoursome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, how do i find out when my current plan promo ends?

9 REPLIES 9

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Calmfoursome You should be able to check yourself on your account.  When logged in, click on Plan & add-ons.  It will show your current plan and it should tell you where it is in the cycle.  I've attached an old screenshot of my plan when I was on the $55 plan that had a $20 monthly credit so it was $35/20gb.  So in this example, I was 2 months into the promo and had 13 months left.

PM Promo Cycle.png

Void
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

Take a look at the  current plan options, you should be able to find something that costs less than $55.  I am currently seeing $39/10GB, $40/75GB and $50/100GB options that are less than $55.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#A

The $40/75GB plan is still only available for new activations. (At least, without involving CS_Agent)

Existing users should see $40/60GB in the portal, however.

They updated their plans page multiple times since the $40/75GB plan appeared, I don't understand why it's still inconsistent with the plan details page with regard to "new activations only".

Oh don't get me wrong @will13am , I'm pretty sure whatever promotional plan the OP has will end when it's scheduled to end. 

I'm just saying that when a promotion appears to be going over what one may believe it should, bringing attention to it may only serve to hasten it's expiry.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Here's my advice @Calmfoursome 

If you think a promotion should be over, don't say anything - don't ask the customer support agents.  Doing so may result in loss of a promotion which perhaps might have ended ...

If you're simply asking how long a pricing plan will be in effect, if it's not a promotional period plan, it essentially stays for as long as you remain on the plan.  The ONLY way it can be changed is if Public Mobile gives you notice that's it's changing.  That rarely ever happens.

So, to summarize, if it ain't broke, don't (let them) fix it.   😉

I am not sure it is a good idea to stick the head in the sand.  That $20 discount will end.  

@Calmfoursome wrote:

Thats the exact one im referring to.  Anyone have experience with that $20 bonus credit ending...or has it rolled forward?

I switched plans long ago well before the $20 bonuses ended.  Based on the payment history on my account, the number of credits given were tracked so when you run out of credits, you will be charged $55.  Take a look at the  current plan options, you should be able to find something that costs less than $55.  I am currently seeing $39/10GB, $40/75GB and $50/100GB options that are less than $55.  I would schedule a plan change right away and take advantage of one of these deals before they are gone. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#ALL

Calmfoursome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thats the exact one im referring to.  Anyone have experience with that $20 bonus credit ending...or has it rolled forward?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's my advice @Calmfoursome 

If you think a promotion should be over, don't say anything - don't ask the customer support agents.  Doing so may result in loss of a promotion which perhaps might have ended ...

If you're simply asking how long a pricing plan will be in effect, if it's not a promotional period plan, it essentially stays for as long as you remain on the plan.  The ONLY way it can be changed is if Public Mobile gives you notice that's it's changing.  That rarely ever happens.

So, to summarize, if it ain't broke, don't (let them) fix it.   😉

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Calmfoursome , I am not sure what you mean.  Generally if you select a plan, that plan remains until you decide to change to a different plan.  The only plan in recent times with a limited duration was a $55/20GB plan with $20 discount for 15 months that was offered in December 2022.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Calmfoursome 

Your guess is good as ours but there are different promos every month or so.

Need Help? Let's chat.