cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESim card download failed

Ashpaauw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am able to use data but am having problems with messages and phone calls.  When I downloaded the eSim I did get an error message.  Would it be easier to just buy a new SIM card?

10 REPLIES 10

Ashpaauw

In the reset there is no option to reset network just reset the whole phone.

@Ashpaauw 

For Reset Networks, try

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If still not connecting, then it is a PM provisioning issue, please message support and they can fix it quickly

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Ashpaauw

I am not sure how to get in contact with customer support so if you know as I am new to this it would be appreciated.   Thank you all for your suggestions

Ashpaauw

I have also tried to toggle off and on the air plane mode and it did not seem to do anything.

Ashpaauw

I ported my phone from rogers and have received email confirmation that they have stopped my service with them.  I would like to keep this phone number as it is my primary contact for my kids school doctor etc 

Ashpaauw

I turned on the correct line and it is showing my provider to be Public mobile.  Not sure how to reset networks I have an iPhone xr

Ashpaauw

I have rebooted my phone about 4 times now everytime I try to fix the problem.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ashpaauw - Have you tried toggling into and out of airplane mode?

Gefore obtaining a new sim card, I would check with customer support on your account to ensure there are no issues in the backend. But before i'd go to customer support, please advise if you transferred/ported over from another provider. 

If you did port over did you receive a text from the old provider to approve the port? But there really should not be issues with texts, or outgoing calls on a stuck port. So did you activate with a 'new to you phone'? Perhaps you need to deregister the phone number and set up the new number (if this is an iphone, that is)/

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ashpaauw 

you are able to use data, but you have problem downloading eSIM? your esim has been isntalled before you can use data, you sure your Wifi is off?

check your phone Cellular screen or sim Manager, make sure eSIM is there, and Turn on this line is enabled .  If it is , then try Reset all networks

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ashpaauw 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off then back on. See if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.