cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM question - Porting

VincentCruz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I ported my number from Freedom to Public (confirmed on the app) on Saturday. Whenever I disable the Freedom  SIM I do not receive calls/texts (mobile data works). And enabling both ESIM and physical Freedom SIM everything works. 

Question: Do I need to have both old Freedom SIM and Public  ESIM enabled?  

Thank you in advance for your reply.

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@VincentCruz   If you are able to call and text out on the PM esim but not receive calls then as already mentioned the port likely is not complete.  There is a number you can call, check your community inbox in a couple of minutes and I will private message it to you (it's for certain porting issues only so not to be posted here in the public community).

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

the fact that Freedom sim still works means porting was not done

you got a text from Freedom asking for approval with the port? you replied yes?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@VincentCruz 

If the old Freedom SIM is still working then porting was not completed.

Did you reply to the text from Freedom confirming with YES that you are porting over to PM with the Freedom SIM in your phone? Since the 90 minute window is long and gone.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to contact Freedom to resend the confirmation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@VincentCruz if the porting has completed you should not need to the Freedom SIM as it should not work anymore. Confirm by disabling the Public Mobile eSIM to see if you are still able to send/receive calls, texts and data on the Freedom eSIM. If it's still working then porting did not work or finish

Need Help? Let's chat.