cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: "YOU ARE NOT SUBSCRIBED TO CELLULAR DATA". MY INTERNET IS NOT WORKING

mercedes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I just got a Public Mobile $40 for 4.5GB plan but my data is not working on iPhone 6. I have checked the APN settings and used the sim card in a different phone and it works. On my iPhone 6 it keeps saying "cellular data not subscribed." Do you guys know what I can do to get my data working please? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mercedes in addition to what @Luddite mentioned, make sure you are connected to WiFi when you boot up or exit Airplane mode, since the Carrier Settings update cannot be retrieved without a data connection of some kind initially if you were on a different carrier; updating the carrier settings will set up the proper APN, etc.  Check to make sure Settings -> General -> About -> Carrier = Public Mobile 32.0, as it may have a different profile from your previous carrier.

@Luddite wrote:

Simplest iPhone network reset is to toggle Airplane mode off/on and reboot the phone with the SIM installed.

Other things to check with iPhones:

a) Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offereed install it

b) Settings > Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Cellular Data Network: scroll to the bottom and Reset Settings

This is what I meant to say in cryptic android speak.  Smiley Happy

Simplest iPhone network reset is to toggle Airplane mode off/on and reboot the phone with the SIM installed.

Other things to check with iPhones:

a) Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offereed install it

b) Settings > Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Cellular Data Network: scroll to the bottom and Reset Settings

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am not an iPhone user, so this might not be the solution.  Is there a possibility that the phone may be locked into a different carrier profile and that needs to be cleared?  If there is some kind of network reset feature, try doing the reset and then add back the APN. 

Need Help? Let's chat.