cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E sim

Fishka_ua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my phone does not support e-sim, how do I get my money back?

12 REPLIES 12

Fishka_ua

I did so. they helped me

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fishka_ua 

Did you check your phone first to see if it supported eSIM before subscribing to a plan?

Or did you click on the eSIM option because it is FREE?

Unfortunately, PM is a prepaid service so there are no refunds but you can get a SIM and transfer the eSIM to the SIM.

@Fishka_ua wrote:

I wanted to transfer my number from lucky mobile to public, but I didn't get such a function

Here's some instruction to transfer your number to Public...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

HI @Fishka_ua but what phone do you have?

Usually as long as you have a phone with eSIM, it will works here.  The not-compatible error at the end of the activation could be wrong

you can also try to scan the QR code found on the Welcome email

but at least work with CS agent to see if you can install the eSIM on your phone first before decide to leave

@Fishka_ua  You will have opportunity to do so on the activation process or afterwards in you account just be sure to only use the lucky account number when doing so and not the IMEI and leave lucky SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

Fishka_ua

I wanted to transfer my number from lucky mobile to public, but I didn't get such a function

Fishka_ua

I wanted to transfer my number from lucky mobile to you, but I didn't get such a function

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

For the physical sim idea, use the Pick up a sim card link down below to find a store near you that sells sims. It's not just any Telus store that sells them. Only corporate ones. Don't waste your time calling around everywhere. Spend your time calling the ones listed to check stock.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Fishka_ua  You can always call around to local Telus Koodo store or order a physical SIM card from Amazon and use PM that way instead 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Fishka_ua 

you can  submit a ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But what phone do you have? sometimes the activation said not eSIM compatible but it is not true

and even you phone does not have eSIM, you can still buy a physical sim card and submit a ticket with CS agent and ask them to change back to physical sim for you, no need to cancel 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Fishka_ua 

you don't get it back. You shoulda checked before ordering.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Fishka_ua 

In general, there is no refunds with Public mobile.  You may want to send a ticket via the chatbot to see whether Customer service agent will be willing to at least credit your account.  No guarantees though. YMMV.    

Need Help? Let's chat.