Did you mean: 

E-Sim questions

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

E-Sim available to existing accounts?. 

10 REPLIES 10

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Typhon  Yes they are now . But we’re not when you started this thread 2 weeks ago 

@Typhon  1 YES   2  just one (#) 3if you mean port number to it or just change phone number yes  4  eSIM will work on all 3G/4G and 5G 

add and #5 no you can not transfer it you would need  to request a new eSIM for fee $5 for new eSIM to keep number and plan for new phone 

Typhon

Have contacted CS and got the answers that will help me decide what to do.  

Just follow the steps outlined in that Announcement...you should have no probs. If you do have questions, the Community Forum members are a great resource as well as the CSA's.

Typhon

Thank you - now I just have to figure out how to do it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Typhon 

things have changed a bit since this post. Now the esim is available to new AND existing....here's some info from Announcements this week...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/eSIM-now-available-for-new-amp-existing...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Typhon  Sorry you cannot , eSIM only for new activations . Not existing customers . Only way around it for now would be to port the number out and back in with new PM account . But probably not worth the money time and efforts . There’s a believe around here that eSIM will be available to existing customers sooner then later . 

Adding no upgrading plan unfortunately would not qualify as for eSIM . Needs be newly created account with a new email  @Typhon 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Typhon wrote:

Because of problems with EverSafe I want to make sure that I will not encounter problems setting up a second number by eSim in my iPhone 12. Presently I have a PM account hard Sim installed in my phone. I also have another  still active old account with hard Sim, on the $15 plan that  has lots of data and extra voice minutes . How can I add this account to my phones eSim?

@ Typhon

at this moemnt, eSIM is not available for existing subscribers. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Typhon 

esim is only available to new accounts. ..not existing.

Need Help? Let's chat.