cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sim Activation

Javinkuepfer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having recently switched to public mobile, I figured that the e-Sim they offered would be a faster and less painful option. As it turns out I was sorely mistaken. After 4 unsuccessful attempts and MANY chats with public’s less than useless chatbot, I have had no luck getting my e-Sim to activate properly. I received a text from Public stating that they would have someone from their team contact me, but to no avail. Pretty much posting here as a last resort in desperation of receiving human contact. 

11 REPLIES 11

Javinkuepfer

The process would have been excellent if it weren’t for my incompetence lol. My frustration is that when there’s an issue it can be difficult to identify the next steps.

Javinkuepfer

Yeah, I was also attempting to port over a number, so that is good information to have! Thankyou!

Javinkuepfer

Thanks!!

Antherz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's an interesting strange issue you're having for sure. when I signed up for Public Mobile, all I did was download the app, creating an account/logged in, selected the plan I wanted, it checked the if my IMEI for the phone was supported, asked for my porting info and then went about installing the eSIM once it confirmed it was supported. Once it finished installing, it asked me to restart the phone, and i was all setup the number ported over in like 30 minutes. 😞

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That’s all good! Were you porting in a number?

You can use the link I provided or the many others in this thread to contact the customer service team and they’ll be able to get you sorted. You’ll have to provide them with the account number from the previous provider if you are porting in a number. 

@Javinkuepfer wrote:

I’ll admit that I do have a role in this fiasco, I goofed up during the initial setup process. When I was asked for the IMEI number, I entered the # for my physical Sim card, not my e-Sim. My frustration is that I KNOW the issue, I just need contact with a service rep so we can get this resolved. 

hi @Javinkuepfer 

you still have the porting problem? that is easier to fix.  Just call the porting support team.  I will send you the number to your community inbox. Check it

Javinkuepfer

I’ll admit that I do have a role in this fiasco, I goofed up during the initial setup process. When I was asked for the IMEI number, I entered the # for my physical Sim card, not my e-Sim. My frustration is that I KNOW the issue, I just need contact with a service rep so we can get this resolved. 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Javinkuepfer 

Hello! What error are you receiving when you try and add the eSIM? Is it telling you it’s unable to add it to your phone or unable to activate? 

If it’s unable to add to your phone you can try to manually add it to your device using the QR code received in your welcome email. But if you didn’t receive a QR code you will have to message customer support to re-issue one for you.

If the error was unable to activate, if you go to your cellular settings do you see the eSIM there or multiple sims? You should be able to press on each one to see which network it belongs to. Make sure the eSIM for PM is enabled if it’s there (turn on this line) and then reboot your phone.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Javinkuepfer 

it is not just PM, there are in fact some disadvantages with eSIM 

A quick solution is to change it back physical sim.  Physical sim is better as you can always change phone without trouble and without more cost as is with eSIM

get a physical sim from Telus or Koodo store or Amazon. then submit ticket with CS agent and they can change the sim for you and it will be up and running in no time

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Javinkuepfer  - ugh, that is so frustrating. I don't know if Public ever contacts someone when customers receive that message.

Contact an agent to get this sorted out. Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Javinkuepfer   The chatbot is currently not working well.  Send a private message to a customer support agent by clicking here

Their reply will come into your community inbox top right evenlope or drop down from avatar

Need Help? Let's chat.