cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls after renewing U.S Roaming

finleyjt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On Yesterday 2022/11/11, I renewed my U.S. Roaming but by mistake renewed  10 day Talk ($8.) as well as 10 day Talk & Text ($15.). Since then all my incoming as well as outgoing calls are dropped within 3 minutes of the beginning of all calls. The drops are preceded by about 15 seconds of a loud double beep.

It seems to me that I've created a system conflict in my Public Mobile account by having duplicate U.S. Roaming 10 day Talk services.

Until this is resolved, I'm stuck with 02:30 - 3:00 minute calls!'

HELP! and Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

finleyjt

All my services are working except incoming calls are going directly to VM with no audible notifications coming from VM. I'm now in touch with CSA.

Thanx!

I think I would go back to support. Which services do you want to use? Talk? Text? Data? I would ask them to reverse everything about roaming and then apply the features you want. There are just the two bundles. If you don't need data then there's no need to get roaming data.

If you were willing/able to provide images then we could see what all has transpired and what you have. But really, only support can actually fix it.

I wouldn't worry too much about notifications though. You're roaming. Things are already up in the air for talk as it is.

finleyjt

So they both work together to make for a difficult situation: Calls direct to VM which gives no audible notification (though I DO get a visual icon telling me I have a Voicemail waiting.

finleyjt

The notification part of the issue has appeared at the same time as the Direct to VM issue.

finleyjt

This is a new issue this morning (and I assume from yesterday afternoon as well) although I believe no one tried to call me yesterday after my original issue was resolved. Before CSA did the fix, incoming calls WERE making it to me.

re: Call Forwarding, I've never used it and don't even know how to activate it (but it sure acts like it).

Lastly, My notification sound for a New Voicemail message isn't working (though it does for incoming text messages.)

Was it working yesterday when it seemed to be resolved? And now not?

Can you log in and click the little refresh icons lower down under the add-ons and maybe provide an image of the roaming add-ons?

Can you dig in to the settings in your dialer to see if any call forwarding is on for some reason?

Is your phone set to LTE or is it set to 3G? Or all of LTE/3G/2G?

Adding - sorry...call forwarding all. The three other call forwarding options should be going to a number ending in like 4001 or such which is the voicemail number.

finleyjt

Thank you, 'dust2dust'.

A new issue has arisen since the resolution yesterday: I'm now unable to detect/receive incoming calls. Calls all go directly to my Voicemail. When I check with callers, they tell me there was only ONE ring then VM picked up.

It's a workaround. Be VERY sure of the 240 hours. Give it some extra leeway if you're not exactly sure.

So you posted a success message yesterday at 4:40pm pacific (I show pacific here). Presumably, the CSA fixed it all for you not long before that. So Nov 22 after 4:40pm pacific. Go for 5. Maybe even 6. Then please do report back your experiences and if it all works.

Stay manually connected to T-Mobile.

finleyjt

Thank you for this inciteful tip!

At the end of this current period, I'll buy the Talk, Text, Data bundle since I'm ala carte presently.

If I understand you, this is the correct way to procede 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Great. So the lesson here is: do NOT stack roaming talk features when one is active. Your next problem will be re-buying. As far as I know, we need to wait 24 hours after the expiry of the previous same add-on to re-buy it. Or you would need to ask support like you just did. Or you can buy a different add-on. And keep track of the exact time and day you bought the add-on. 240 hours later exactly it will expire.

So say you buy the talk/text bundle. After 240 hours you could buy the talk item. And text if you like. Or the other talk/text/data bundle. But not the talk/text one. That's the same one.

finleyjt

It's all fixed and the experience today has been a revelation; Phone support was always my Go To but the Community/You and the CSA changed all that. Thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@finleyjt yes, there is a glitch with PM system when 2 Talk Roamong are active at the same time

No worry, open ticket with PM support and they will get this sorted out for you 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.