cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charges

AngieMC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anybody else noticed over the last few months that they have been double charged by PM? I have been double charged for Apr, May & Jun. Once for my usual amount & once for another amount that I did not authorize. I also have only got rewards for one of those 3 months.

14 REPLIES 14

Paddocksbight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Me too! How did you get it resolved?

In your image there's the hint of the next transaction that made your balance $4. Maybe loyalty reward. Then you probably have the $2 autopay reward above that which brings it to the $6. Then this pattern repeats. Green numbers are inputs, black numbers are outputs.

@AngieMC 

I agree, I was confused on my first bill and I am not an accountant. I am an semi-tired traffic engineering tech.

@AngieMC wrote:

For a person like me who does bookkeeping this is not ever how anything would be written down. This is something we question because it looks like a dual transaction. There can be skeevy people within companies.

@AngieMC please post us the transactions before April 29 , would be nice if you post those from April 28 to the previous renewal in March, there should be some incoming fund from PM from the rewards, and maybe we can sort it out  

@AngieMC   keep in mind, they only charged you $19+ tax to your card in the screenshot you showing, they didn't charge you $25 to your card.  The $6 was there from Available fund. 

Please move back one more day, April 28, that should be the day PM gives you the legacy rewards and that's why you have $6 available fund as I said earlier

AngieMC

For a person like me who does bookkeeping this is not ever how anything would be written down. This is something we question because it looks like a dual transaction. There can be skeevy people within companies.

AngieMC

So then explain to me where the remaining credit it for the other money. My full monthly payment is not $25/mon it's $21 & change which means I should have a positive balance of $3. & change every time they do this, it's basic math. So the problem then that PM is keeping a gold mine of people pocket change & not applying to the accts as they should be.

@AngieMC 

The $25 is just showing your subscription plan.

The $19 is your actual charge for your monthly plan. It looks like you got a $6 Reward credit ($25-$19).

In your account, go to My Rewards and login again. There it will show the breakdown of the charges including the $6 credit.

So all is good and you were not double charged.

@AngieMC  

the screenshot you show is NOT a double charge

at 3:03 AM, Public Mobile charged you $19 + tax to your card, which bring the total Available fund to $25 ( you should have $6 Available fund earlier)

the renewal didn't come until 7:20 AM, it uses the $25 Available fund to pay the plan renewal.  After that , the Available fund is down to $0

So, only the Green transaction is the charge, the black transaction is how PM uses the fund 

AngieMC

They are all posted charges, I have nothing in my pending, I check it daily.

AngieMC

It's a visa debit card & no I haven't called yet as I've just noticed it.

AngieMC

Screenshot_20230705-212526_Chrome.jpg

 I can only post one screenshot from my acct to the post, but my monthly bill is $21. and change, so the 25 is my normal payment the other one is not.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AngieMC 

start a conversation with CSA to see what the story is on missing Rewards and 2 X payment for the last few months. Have you inquired with credit card issuer if those were actually paid  X 2.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AngieMC 

Did you login to your account and see what the double charge associated with?

Also check your CC statement to see if it is a Pending charge or Posted charge.

But either way, contact a CS_Agent to investigate the charges by private messaging them on your computer.

Need Help? Let's chat.