cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't need massive data. Signed up 3G 5 days ago for that reason. NOW they have a new 4G 10gb plan

GC411
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone,

I don't need 30bg of data so I signed up with a 3G plan 5 days ago. I'll be heading south for a month and decided 4G would be a safer bet for roaming and went to change my plan. That's when I saw a new 10GB 4G plan which is perfect for my needs. I tried changing to that plan but it's for new activations only. Had this plan been there 5 days ago I would have signed up for that one but it didn't exist. Is there something that can be done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

6 REPLIES 6

Thanako

Ok.. I get why they may have a plan like this in place, to protect from customers who may want to downgrade from a higher monthly rate. However, existing customers on a lower tier rate should be able to switch to this plan and pay the additional $4.00/month.  If I'm paying only $25 for a 1Gig plan, why can't I upgrade and pay an additional $4/month to upgrade my plan?  

GC411

Makes sense. I was thinking the same thing. Just annoying PM waited until AFTER Black Friday to have a more reasonable 4G data plan. Somewhat of a pain in the arse but it is what it is. 

Thanks Chalupa_Batman

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@GC411 wrote:

Hey everyone,

I don't need 30bg of data so I signed up with a 3G plan 5 days ago. I'll be heading south for a month and decided 4G would be a safer bet for roaming and went to change my plan. That's when I saw a new 10GB 4G plan which is perfect for my needs. I tried changing to that plan but it's for new activations only. Had this plan been there 5 days ago I would have signed up for that one but it didn't exist. Is there something that can be done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

@GC411 , please don’t forget that you need to purchase a US roaming add-on to use your Public Mobile service in the US the day your going. Unless you purchase a Canada/US plan!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @GC411 

The only thing you can REALLY do is to sign up for a second account under a different email address for the plan you want. Then remove the auto payment from the first one and let it laps. As long as you don't care about the first number that is and losing $15. $15 is nothing to lose to get the plan you want. Think of it this way, when you use your referral code, it's $10 off your second month. So you really only lose $5. Make sense?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @GC411  PM is a prepaid provider, once you signed up for a plan, it is a 30 days cycle and you don't change it mid-way unless you are willing to loss money

Yes, the 10GB - $29 plan is Only for new activation.  Since you are now existing activation, you cannot change to it , sorry about that

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GC411the 10GB $29 4G plan is only for new activation 

Need Help? Let's chat.