cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does referral code work when account is on suspend

_Naren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, if an account is on a 90 day suspension period and if a person is trying to use my referral code, does it work? Does the credit show up on the respective accounts? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

@darlicious 

I'm not suggesting the OP wouldn't be able to use the referral code of a suspended account, I'm just going by what I interpret from public mobile's verbage in that article. 

Indeed, there are many things that are said that don't turn out to be the case so this would be an interesting experiment for @_Naren  to try. 

You in,  @_Naren ?  

@HALIMACS 

I think the only thing debatable is if the $1 reward shows up right away or not. There should be no issue with the referral code itself as the account is not cancelled so it should be still valid. Since the OP intends to reactivate eventually the worst case scenario would be the new customer having to ask for the referral code to be added after the OP renews their plan. Either way we would at least find out the answer for sure the next customer in this situation.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@_Naren 

That's debatable.

This is the rules surrounding rewards taken from this Public Mobile article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.

@_Naren 

Make sure whomever is activating has registered their email for the second 30 days free promotion. Check your private messages ....I will send you a private message with some further savings.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@_Naren 

That is a good question. I don't see why it wouldn't. The $1 reward should show up in the rewards section of the suspended account immediately after its used in a successful activation. The $10 bonus referral credit can take up to 72 hours but usually the next day. If for some reason it does not it can be added after activation by contacting the moderators. Report back your experience.

Need Help? Let's chat.