cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does public mobile accept TD debit visa?

Lemmy509
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been having nothing but issues trying to activate my account and this is the last thing I can think of that may be stopping me.

Contact my bank last night and they can see, and approved, the request for funds but for some reason I'm getting a payment failed error.

Does PM accept TD debit visa?

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks for the information.  Too bad it didn't work for you. But glad you were able to make alternatives. 

How many customers walk away for this and similar reason.

Lemmy509

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it very much. Called Virgin and got the same plan, $34 for 50GB. Call took less than 10 minutes. PM needs to fix their stuff.

Lemmy509

I have used the app and I'm having the same issues. This us beyond frustrating 

hi @Lemmy509 activation should not start from browser

Please download the Public Mobile app and start from the app, it will work 

Lemmy509

It is not resolved, confused where you saw that. The postal code does match what is on my phone number, however that wouldn't matter as it hasn't asked for my phone number by the time I set the plan and go to payment.

@Lemmy509 

Some customers have been having issues updating payment information recently.  

The issue may be due to be the postal code of payment method.  Does the postal code match the area code of your phone number?  

Here is some more information:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Issues-Updating-Credit-Cards/t...

Here is another thread with someone with similar issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Debit-Visa-payment-issue/m-p/1146811#M800...

Seems to be resolved but OP did not clarify what worked.  

Screenshot_20240114_204338_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lemmy509

I've tried my phone with Firefox and Chrome, regular browser and incognito, my chromebook and my windows pc. Also made a second account and tried that, same issue.

hi @Lemmy509 did you try activating on another device and with another login??  With the another login, you will just use another email to create that new login

Lemmy509

That's so annoying lmao. I get it's a third tier company but you'd think they could fix that.

I've thought about buying a prepaid visa but worried that will also give me errors.

hi  @Lemmy509 debit Visa works for activation. Your error is unrelated with using visa debit but just the payment system being glitch.  It might pop up with the same error with credit card.  I would try again using visa debit on another phone and another new login account

But if you want, you can buy a prepaid Visa card and use it for activation 

No they don't either. Only after. Maybe ask a friend or family...

I just saw message from softech, so maybe try that suggestion and see. We're you using the app to start?

Lemmy509

Do vouchers work for the initial set up? I don't have an actual CC, just my debit visa.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lemmy509 

I am pretty sure PM accepts debit cards for activation as well.  But you have to make sure you have a Visa Debit or MC debit.  I believe all TD debit cards are Visa Debit, please confirm if you see a visa logo there

If you see a Visa logo, try activation again and make sure you are using PM app.  If you were using that already, uninstall it first, reboot and reinstall.  If possible, try to create another account using another email address to login

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Yes, that's correct. I'm not sure why they have set up their system like this.

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sansan My apologies for misreading your message.  

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Yes, I know it's a debit card. That's why I said after activation with a credit card,  they can then change it to this debit card. 

I will clarify my message.  

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sansan So initial payments don’t accept debit visa but follow up payments do? If true, that’s odd.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Lemmy509  PM accepts all major credit cards for account activations only. 

You cannot use a Debit Visa  for a account set up. After activation successfully, you can change from the credit card to Debit Visa by hoping into My Account and changing the number under Subscribed.

You must use a credit card to start by downloading the Public Mobile App. 

Need Help? Let's chat.