cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have issues with agents giving wrong info? me yes.

yen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been told my referral amount would be done on the renewal date. I waited and the person was a liar. Today, I spoke to someone else and told me no worries we will fix it and said everything has been fixed and it turns out that another agent same day today said " I am so sorry" not possible to credit the amount since my referee has to ask for it! what's wrong here with the agents who are telling the wrong information? 

Am I responsible for the wrong info provided? clearly not.  I am so disappointed and I cannot believe today I was still going to refer someone else.

31 REPLIES 31

yen

at least 2$ has been already posted on my account. I'm just waiting for my friend to reach CS to get mine 1$ monthly. Thank you for taking the time to explain the process. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@yen 

I feel your pain and you are a bit stuck since it's your friend that must make the referral code inquiries. It's likely the referral code did not register on your friends account at activation. This is a known glitch that also occurred recently to one of my activations of a referral.

When your friend is available to contact support have them also give the CSA the last 4 digits of your phone # to ensure the correct referral code is being used. Once added your referrals last 4 digits of their phone # and the $1 reward will appear in your rewards account page. You should recieve the Cha-ching text the following day at 2pm eastern and the $10 bonus referral credit will take up to 72 hours but usually appears in the referred customer's account the next day. 

Once that's all sorted you can escalate the issue for the missing $1 reward×months active citing the activation glitch with referral codes that's been happening since the summer of 2021. Good Luck!

yen

agree, taking longer. Since nobody replied at CS

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yen  he’s not available just right now or forever . Is it possible he used someone else code 

Still?   

Well, it's gotta be them who contacts the agent to have it applied to THEIR activation/account - not you.  

Many have already offered that.

Are they not concerned they're not getting their $10 credit for using your referral code - or is it possible they elected not to use it for whatever reason?   

This process is taking longer than it has to - have THEM contact the customer support agents, @yen 

yen

He is not available

@yen , have you yet asked the 'friend' who used your referral code (or who was 'supposed to' have used it upon activation) to seek assistance with the Customer Support Agents?

That's the route to go.

yen

Right, I have the messages but not a ticket number at all

If you were able to submit a ticket then it will be in your sent box. Otherwise if I expect you only sent a private message because the ticket system isn't working then there won't be a ticket number. So yet another pointless question from them.

dust2dust_0-1666045909218.png

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yen 

not just PM, any call centre, first level support will give wrong info, nothing new.  Yes. some knows a lot, but most knows little, or they know how to read KB articles only

and I find the Community member here know more, a lot more, then some helpdesk staff here. 

and the link to support, trust them, they are legit one

yen

I was told to have my ticket number ready but I couldn't find this info. I have proof of all the conversations.

Wrong info by CSA's goes with the 3rd tier nature of this service.

There's a fair bit of turnaround of CSA's (i would imagine).   The newer ones come in and have little to no experience navigating the particulars of this place. 

That's why we're here.  To help us all maintain some level of sanity in the midst of inexperience of the select few newer CSA's trying to help.

It's a learning curve, and I'm sure they're trying their best - it just takes TIME.

yen

Thanks for your help but what really bothers me now is agents giving false expectations. That is something to be fixed by PM.

@yen 

The person who activated MUST be the one to contact support to provide them with the correct referral code.

The reason for this is simple - anyone could simply contact the agents after finding a new user (yes, it can be done) and claim their referral code is supposed to be applied to that activation.  Of course, it's the activating customer who gets to decide which user's referral code they use...

So if you want to help your 'friend' out, go into your self-serve account, copy your referral code from there, paste it into a text or an e-mail to your 'friend', ask them to paste it into the communication they have with the customer support agents.   

This way, there'll be no confusion with entering the correct characters which frequently get mis-entered.

yen

Yes, these 3 agents put vinegar in my stomach now.

yen

I have clicked on the link. Waiting someone, my friend isn't available. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yen  Well now that could be a possibility too . But typically . It wouldn’t be you contacting support to apply your code . That should always have to be the referral . So hopefully that’s not the case . Or this whole thing just got messier 

yen

If that is the case, the wrong code what entered by the first agent who was supposed to solve the issue from the very beginning

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

To answer your subject line, yes. Myself included. We all too often get people here posting replies from support and (I think) we all shake our collective heads at the inaccuracies written by them.

Yes, in this case, the new customer is the one ask support and say they had a problem entering a referral code and to get a proper one applied (yours). But also watch for those similar characters like ohs and zeros, bees and eights etc.

@yen again, have your friend who just joined to open the ticket. Provide them the previous ticket numbers of you have them handy.  Ask for escalation because of the multiple tickets from before

message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yen  Gotcha . That sucks . But is it possible for you to get your friend to message support and tell them same thing you didn’t know how to apply it or forgot . And usually they are pretty understanding. Even thou by rights it’s supposed to be done on activation 

Settle down @yen 

It’s not uncommon that users activate with an incorrect character in the referral code. There are many numbers and letters that frequently get confused – it’s an honest mistake.

The person doing the activating of the new service is the one who needs to contact customer support, give them the correct information, and they will make it right.

You ever heard of the saying, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar?  Look it up …

yen

I wanna see to believe it

yen

we didnt know how to do it and we reached a guy previous month and he told me I have applied to code but that is not true. A liar!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yen  Is it possible the wrong code was put in ? . Either way you. Need your friend that you referred to contact support to get solved 

@yen no worry, this can be fixed.  PM is fair on this. You can reply the text and ask for escalation 

yen

I am on the old system. 

yen

He didn't get the 10$ either, so I reached out to them. Today, an agent told me "No worries I have solved the problem the other agent made a mistake". Oh yes! it seems he also did since a third person told me today it is impossible to credit. I am so angry about this. I wanna escalate it. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yen 

Sometimes junior support might have out incorrect info

So, you referred a friend and you don't get the rewards?  Check with your friend to see if she got the $10 as available fund on her My Account, likely not.   It is true the one who just joined supposed to open a single ticket with PM to ask for both of you.  If possible, ask your friend to open the ticket.  

If not, you can try to open the ticket again, provide your friend phone number to the support and the date she joined .  Ask them to escalate if required.  Message support again here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yen  Your referral needs to ask support to apply the code . If you referred them 

Need Help? Let's chat.