cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Public Mobile have its own Email for PM users?

bb6640
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does Public Mobile offer an email service the same as say Rogers or other mobile service providers?  And by email I mean  something like: JohnSmirh@publicmobile.ca?  Just curious...

12 REPLIES 12

@Mojo3- Never too old 🙂 Do you wish to keep your number? If you transfer your number out to a more full service provider then that will close this account. If you want to just abandon everything here then can you login to your account or do you remember your 4 digit account pin? If so then you can turn off the autopay (subscription) and that will not let the next renewal happen and the account will disappear after 3 months thereby cancelling it.

Mojo3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i need to cancel my acct.because i am too old to do everything online. 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've never understood people using specific providers emails.. Like telus, shaw, rogers etc.. While it might be easier to find 'wanted' username, it is kind of locking yourself with provider. And if you change your provider, your email (usually) is not working anymore which then you either have to inform everyone of the change or risk not getting emails sent to you. But, that's me.. 

@bb6640  are you talking about email to text?  

if so, yes, you still have it, it would be xxxxxxxxxx@msg.telus.com  (the xxxxxxxxxx are your 10 digits phone number)

bb6640
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I was with Telus (and I am aware that Public Mobile is owned by Telus), I was given a Telus email address.  This was a while back so probably not something that is offered now.  I was curious if it was still.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

good point, I wouldn't see much need for it to begin with but some people may like it as they are deadset against gmails/hotmails.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No and I do not see benefit of having email address attached to a service provider company.

Closing your PM account will cause loosing your email. What if you have it registered "everywhere"? Imagine work involved changing it.

I understand having such account has benefits as some companies do not accept emails provided by 'free' services (gmail, yahoo, etc.) but there is always way around...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately now, a tier 3 no frills brand so that is one option that they don't prioritize as nice as an option as it would be.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Rogers cellular service does?

But you can always use text to email and receive texts from email.

Send text to email type in the email address. It will switch to MMS.

Send email to a text type in the 10 digit phone number then @msg.telus.com

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @bb6640  No, open ticket via Chatbot or direct message is the only way to start the ticket.  PM will then reply by messaging back in the Inbox here

No email, no phone calls

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

No they don't have that feature and can't see that being offered.  When Internet providers are starting to switch over their email services I can't see a mobile phone company starting to offer that.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Negative, no. ...not yet anyhow.

Need Help? Let's chat.