cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Public Mobile have LTE?

happysgurl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was looking into the plans through my account and they all seem to be 3G data. I have an iPhone and it goes into LTE but it actually seems to slow it down. I spend more time waiting for pages to load lately, maybe it’s just a general thing but I was looking to see if I could upgrade the speed and there doesn’t seem to be an option.

7 REPLIES 7

@Natstahl wrote:

Yes PM has LTE for a price check your phones settings to make sure everything works correctly on your end

In the context of what was being asked in the message thread, your response is incorrect.  While Public Mobile does allow all customers to connect to the LTE network, and while there are existing customers who have full-speed LTE plans, those plans are no longer offered to new customers or existing customers who don't have already have it.  There's no extra price that one these new or existing customers can pay to get the full speed data as it's no longer offered.

Natstahl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes PM has LTE for a price check your phones settings to make sure everything works correctly on your end

happysgurl

Thank you I will try that if I can ever get this otter box off, lol it took 3 people to get it on 🤦‍♀️ 

@happysgurl I also experience the same thing. although, it's been pretty good lately. 

on 4G LTE devices, the PRL(preferred roaming list) is updated with your SIM card. To ensure you have the latest PRL, you can power your phone off and remove/reinsert the SIM card once a month or so.

when you reinsert your sim, you are in essence deleting your old sim from the 'system' this in turn forces your carriers network to force an update to the network, making cell towers 'aware' of the new sim, this can improve reception as any new agreements between carriers and their cell towers and any new cell towers since your last sim will be 'aware' of the new sim, allowing it to access them.
in turn 'improving' your reception, in areas you previously had bad reception

happysgurl

Thank you 😊 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

No upgrade available.  the "LTE throttled" speed is the only option PM provided.   To be honest, it is more than enough for regular web browser on the phone for me.    

make sure some unnecessary background download when using Data is disabled, like Apps update 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@happysgurl 

It's sometimes referred to LTE "throttled" to 3G by some.

Some folks have had greater success setting network to 3G when using data.

Here's an information article from Public Mobile:

Differences between 3G and 4G LTE data speed (publicmobile.ca)

EDIT:   here's a good thread to review -- Solved: 3g vs 4g - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.