cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document from your wireless provider

arahmanfahad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So recently, I lost my phone and I had an insurance so I claimed it. They said they need a proof that I have reported the phone as lost/stolen to my wireless provider. I sent them the screenshot of the "Report Lost/Stolen" thing from the selfserve. They are saying send something which shows the date you reported it lost/stolen. And they are asking what is Public Mobile? 😑 Do you have any document from them?

So as there is no document I have. Is it possible to get any document so that I can show it to the insurance company?

7 REPLIES 7

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@arahmanfahad wrote:

So recently, I lost my phone and I had an insurance so I claimed it. They said they need a proof that I have reported the phone as lost/stolen to my wireless provider. I sent them the screenshot of the "Report Lost/Stolen" thing from the selfserve. They are saying send something which shows the date you reported it lost/stolen. And they are asking what is Public Mobile? 😑 Do you have any document from them?

So as there is no document I have. Is it possible to get any document so that I can show it to the insurance company?

Marking as lost/stolen in self serve isn't enough. You need to have Public Mobile blacklist the IMEI so that nobody else can use it. That needs to be asked for specifically or it doesn't get done. The private messages between you and the modeators is your documentation. Print that or take screenshots of the messages and give that to your insurance company.

arahmanfahad

If they can only give a paper stating that I had reported it lost on this date and changed the sim card on this date, that would work.

Lets just wait for their mail now.

@arahmanfahad  hopefully the moderators can provide something for you however due take note that Public Mobile is a Bring Your Own Device service. Doing the lost /stolen feature simply suspends the sim card. It's not like Koodo for example that once you report the phone lost or stolen they blacklist the phone from being used again. Not sure how your insurance will handle it but I do hope moderators can help you with something. 

Best of luck!

arahmanfahad

@dabr @JoyLuck thanks for your quick response. I have sent them an email. Let's see if they can help.

Thank you so much both of you.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@arahmanfahad wrote:

@arahmanfahad   You'll need to message moderators either via chatbot bottom right of screen or click the envelope icon top right and send a private message to Moderator_Team.  Their response should provide an official response (maybe) for your insurance purposes.  Also ask moderators to confirm the timeline of when you reported your phone lost.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@arahmanfahad wrote:

You can try contacting a moderator to see if they can can send you a document stating when your account was switched over to lost/stolen.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.