cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Network Speeds

Publicmobile85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone,

I just switched over to public mobile in the new year due to the attractive promotions that were being offered. I opted for a plan with 30GB of data at 4G speeds since 5G is not supported where I live (Yellowknife, NT), but 4G is. I often find that the Public Mobile network up here in the north becomes soo slow that it's frustratingly unusable. I couldn't even load the Public mobile app on my phone, so now I'm sending this message through my laptop on a wired connection. Every now and then it will be able to load things up and I can browse the web without issues, but far too often it feels like I have a plan without any data at all.

Has anyone else faced this issue? My previous provider was Zoomer wireless and they allowed me to use other provider's networks (Bell, Telus...) without actually switching to a different provider. I'm wondering if Public mobile would allow that or if there is anything else that can be done to make my data faster and actually usable?

Thanks in advance,

Akash

6 REPLIES 6

@Cheetah24 wrote:

@Publicmobile85 : In my personal opinion whenever you see this kinda issue occurring regularly let the service agents know the exact location you are having this issue; https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. You can use the previous link to direct message them. Me and my friends have done this numerous times. While I cannot promise that this will improve the situations, it at least lets them know and with enough people notifying them things will improve over time hopefully 🙂 

When needing help from a customer support agent,let's please start directing people once again to the chatbot to ensure the most efficiient and quickest service.

MandyJS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm new to this whole data usage on the phone thing, because before I had a super small data plan, so I tried not to use it for anything, but now I have that 50GB plan (it's 5G, but I only have a 4G phone) and haven't worried about using data, but I've noticed it's slow to load even some images today when I'm using the data. I'm also away from the city, so I only had one bar, so I thought maybe that had something to do with it.

I'm curious to see how the speeds normally are because I also thought they would be faster. I'll be watching the responses here to see what other people suggest too.

Hopefully you can get yours working better!

Publicmobile85

Thanks for providing that, at this point I may as well switch providers if they can't fix it right away. My old plan was about the same price for a lot less data but at least the data worked.

Publicmobile85

It took about 20 mins to load and run a speed test but here are the results: o.43Mbps download and 0.08 Mbps upload. I did try resetting all networks, but didn't make any difference.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Publicmobile85 : In my personal opinion whenever you see this kinda issue occurring regularly let the service agents know the exact location you are having this issue; https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. You can use the previous link to direct message them. Me and my friends have done this numerous times. While I cannot promise that this will improve the situations, it at least lets them know and with enough people notifying them things will improve over time hopefully 🙂 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Publicmobile85 

what speed you get with 4G?  did you get the same slow speed everywhere?

And with Zoomer, I thought it was using Rogers network only, but I also heard they got bought by Bell.  But PM uses Bell/Telus towers anyway, so experience would be the same.  Please alos try your sim on another phone , also try Reset all networks 

Need Help? Let's chat.