cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do PM subscription charges go through CC as a recurring payment?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a CC that gives a different cashback for recurring payments. I don't use it for PM because in the distant past, the PM monthly payment didn't go through as recurring (even though it was recurring, I guess it was coded differently). Just wondered if that's still this case, if if they've fixed it.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

ottawa

I have on occasion (a few years ago, before the "instant top-up") bought PM vouchers at RCSS or Loblaws to get 3% CB (gas, groceries, & recurring payments) instead of the 1.5% my default card pays. The last time I tried the former card on PM directly, I got its default 1%.

That last 1.5% (to go from 1.5% to 3%) required extra work to buy a voucher, even if I was already in the store (not a common purchase), but to go from 1.0% to 1.5% just means giving a different CC to PM, then forgetting it. 🙂 This discussion does make me think of going back to vouchers, though I want to chase down the 100% cashback on first $100 from neo (there's a thread on it here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Pm-and-neo-up-to-100-credit/m-p/1084939 )

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Interesting, I wasn't aware they weren't coded as recurring payments. You got me thinking though, I have a credit card that gives me 5% cashback on food, groceries, restaurants etc. 7-11 counts, and they sell PM vouchers according to the PM website. If I cared to spend the time I could get some nice points by paying with voucher rather than direct to me credit card via auto pay.

ottawa

Thanks. I'll keep using my default "everything else" cards (I have tiny stickers from Dollarama or Dollar Tree on all my cards, saying what they're best for :).

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's still the case. I've not heard any update on that front.

Need Help? Let's chat.