cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to manually reactivate after disabling lost/stolen (plan has credit, but expired)

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If a plan has a credit balance, and they click lost/stolen to stop it from renewing, will it restart automatically when they disable lost/stolen later? There's enough credit to pay for a month, but the service expired around Sep 6 (while it was in Lost/Stolen status, so it didn't take the money from the account). Do I tell them to click "reactivate on current plan" or will that happen automatically, e.g. overnight?

Thanks!

=aw

6 REPLIES 6

ottawa

Thanks, that would be the best test. 🙂

Unfortunately this was in anticipation of them needing to use it. I've told them I'll wait for morning (it's 1am EDT now) and see if things change online, if not I'll write and ask the mods.

=aw

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

can they call or get calls that is the  important thing.  if not they can try to powercycyle the phones 

the messages on the back end are at time confusing.  If money was taken out i think it should work.  if it doesn;t I would wait till morning and if still nothing message teh mods .

ottawa

Thank you everyone. I have a little more information, their credit balance has gone down and it now says expiry is Oct 10 (so in 30 days). But it also says "Expired" which I think is what mine says every month at renewal time.

Does this suggest it will all be okay tomorrow? Or does it take their monthly payment but then not work?

[added: one more data point, _my_ refer-a-friend Reward has gone up, by twice what it should have, but I'm thinking that will get adjusted before my next charge date]

Thanks again!

=andrew

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it is not active currently, then you need to reactive it manually.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa wrote:

If a plan has a credit balance, and they click lost/stolen to stop it from renewing, will it restart automatically when they disable lost/stolen later? There's enough credit to pay for a month, but the service expired around Sep 6 (while it was in Lost/Stolen status, so it didn't take the money from the account). Do I tell them to click "reactivate on current plan" or will that happen automatically, e.g. overnight?

Thanks!

=aw

Since tomorrow is not your renreal date and its in an expired state you can try but If it does not re-activate only a moderator will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message Once it reaches 90 days inactive/suspended it will be deleted and removed

If today WAS your payment due date (which its not), then here's what would be expected:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to identify yourself with account PIN code, phone number / account number and provide as much information about the problem in question as possible so that the moderator team can work on the issue without having to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays to problem resolution. 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ottawa wrote:

Thanks!

=aw

I

Once it actually expires (not just that 24 hour plan expiry warning during renewal) you have to have a moderator re-activate, however because it was in "lost/stolen" do things change?

I would suggest telling them to ATTEMPT to re-activate, if it does not the will have to contact the moderator team

Need Help? Let's chat.