cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to add roaming if I has a Us-Canada plan??

Peyton181
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My dad has a us-Canada plan and is planning a trip to the unites states, do I still need to purchase the roaming package??

many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Peyton181 

Just to confirm, you’re asking for your dad’s account and not yours? 

you mentioned whether he needs roaming and whether you should buy a roaming add-on so that’s where I am a little confused.

He’s all set, but if you’re going, you need either the same plan or a US roaming add on

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

No but for voice calls it would work better if the phone is VoLTE capable and on PM's VoLTE compatible list otherwise he would need to use the 2G setting for voice calls (there is little to no 3G now in the USA)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Peyton181 

No, you do not.  That's why you have the Canada-US plan 🙂

You will still get the text about you need roaming when you enter US, you can just ignore that

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Peyton181 

You don't need the roaming addon to travel to US if you have the Canada-US plan. 

Just a reminder, you still need to enable Mobile Roaming data on your phone.  And you have to make sure you connecting to AT&T or T-Mobile

@Peyton181 wrote:

My dad has a us-Canada plan and is planning a trip to the unites states, do I still need to purchase the roaming package??

A roaming add-on isn't needed. The above mentioned plan includes roaming in the United States.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You do not.

Need Help? Let's chat.