cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Différence de données dans Mon Compte / Discrepancy in two different sections of My Account

mizaelbilodeau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

(English will follow)

Voici deux captures d'écran de Mon compte. On y voit une différence dans la limite de données. La page "Aperçu" montre 250 Mo, tandis que la page "Forfait et options" affiche 500 Mo. J'ai le forfait 15$ et le paiement automatique. Je ne comprends pas la différence. Est-ce que ma limite est 250 Mo ou 500 Mo?

Capture d’écran, le 2021-04-08 à 18.05.00.png
Capture d’écran, le 2021-04-08 à 18.04.36.png

Here are two screenshots of My Account.

As you can see, there are two different data limit. The "Overview" section shows that I have 250 MB of data and the "Plan and add-ons" section shows that I have instead 500 MB. I don't understand. What is my data limit?

15 REPLIES 15

joguil390

@zoro Peut-être que cela peut vous aider, il semble qu'il y ait eut certaine erreur dans les forfaits 

@mizaelbilodeau wrote:

(English will follow)

Voici deux captures d'écran de Mon compte. On y voit une différence dans la limite de données. La page "Aperçu" montre 250 Mo, tandis que la page "Forfait et options" affiche 500 Mo. J'ai le forfait 15$ et le paiement automatique. Je ne comprends pas la différence. Est-ce que ma limite est 250 Mo ou 500 Mo?

As you can see, there are two different data limit. The "Overview" section shows that I have 250 MB of data and the "Plan and add-ons" section shows that I have instead 500 MB. I don't understand. What is my data limit?

This is simply a typo in your account.

However, there was a point that Public Mobile did incorrectly advetise the plan as including 500MB on the Public Mobile plans website to some customers in some regions.  Public Mobile did honor this advertised plan in some cases, but the customer had to be within the region that it was advertised for and the customer had to ask for the plan within a time period within close proximity of the error in advertising. 

Zahirhaddad

Mes données  ce bloque à 310 mo

mizaelbilodeau

Thanks a lot for the advice.

I have trouble navigating the forum. I am of the opinion that it has two many thumbnails and and section and subsection. It's not like Reddit. It lacks a user friendly interface and architecture.

Thanks a lot for your help and for your encouragement. I'll make sure to keep the communitiy and you updated on my journey towards the recognition of a 15$ plan with 500MB of data. 

We'll see! 😜

For now, here is an overview of my step by step process.

1. Send a message to the moderators (done)

2. Wait for a week

3. Send a second message to the moderators

4. Negotiate with them if someone repply or/and send a complaint to the Office de la protection des consommateurs

5. Wait for a response from the Office

6. If the Office can help me I'll take their advice and act accordingly and/or send a cease and desist letter to perform the obligation of 500 MB at 15$.

7. Wait for resonnable period and then file an action at the Small Claims Division of the Cour du Québec.

8. Wait for a court date and cross my finger until the judgement 😆

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mizaelbilodeau : Not at all. Just pointing out that such a thing exists. You can do whatever you like.

mizaelbilodeau

Déjà fait. J'attends leur réponse.

mizaelbilodeau

I don't get it. 

Are you saying that I should only be writing in the french section of the Forum?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mizaelbilodeau : While there are many French speaking regulars in this English side, you also have the option of using the Francais side by clicking on the icon in the upper right. Some regulars also use Google Translate to help.

It's interesting that the new $15 plan does not mention unlimited incoming like the old one did.

Good luck getting them to honour the 500MB. Gotta like them consumer laws. I hope it works for you. Let us all know.

@mizaelbilodeau  Dans votre cas contactez les modérateurs comme il vous a déjà été suggéré. C’est un problème qui aurait dû être résolu...mais qui dans votre cas ne l’a pas été. Donc seulement les modérateurs vont pouvoir vous aider et vous arranger avec ce problème.

@RosieR  thanks. Little late...but here!😉

mizaelbilodeau

(French will follow)

Thanks for the reply. Though, I believe that the confusion created by this discrepency may not stand in a Quebec court, according to article 17 of the Consumer Protection Act. It stipulates that " In case of doubt or ambiguity, the contract must be interpreted in favour of the consumer." Therefore, the 500 MB provided would be considered in court against the 250 MB. The consumer may then ask the merchant the performance of the obligation (art. 272).

Merci pour la réponse, mais cette confusion risque de ne pas tenir devant un tribunal québécois selon l'art. 17 de la Loi sur la protection du consommateur qui dit qu" en cas de doute ou d’ambiguïté, le contrat doit être interprété en faveur du consommateur." Ainsi, le 500 Mo serait choisi plutôt que le 250 Mo et le consommateur pourrait demander l'exécution de l'obligation (art. 272).

maybe we'll get some new plans soon!!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mizaelbilodeau wrote:

(English will follow)

@mizaelbilodeau ,

Take that screen shot showing 500 mb and send it to the Moderators to tell them that is what you are expecting for your plan.

It is in your account...worth a shot, isn't it?  🤔

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@mizaelbilodeau wrote:

(English will follow)

Hi @mizaelbilodeau Welcome to Public Mobile!

Yes I agree.  the two screenshots show different data limits.

Let me tagged our French expert oracle @Lieux to help you better.

(thanks @Lieux )

Best wishes

RosieR

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

$15 should have only 250Mb data.  The wordings on the plan is confusing, it talks about 250 Mb bonus with autopay, but the truth is, you got the 250MB even you didn't setup the autopay

Need Help? Let's chat.