cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not get any rewards/points for loyalty

cjcc823
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with Public Mobile since 2020. With the old Public Mobile rewards program, I was saving $8/month on my bill (including referrals, auto-pay, and yearly rewards).

From what I understand, I was supposed to get Public Points from all those years of being with Public Mobile. Now, I only have 5 points? This is ridiculous! Can someone please point me to the right direction? I should be getting at least 40 points (4 years x 10 points per year) plus all my referrals (2 referrals).

36 REPLIES 36

It's business @cjcc823 

They've likely done their 'studies' and 'impact assessments' and determined the losses are more than captured by the gains they'll get by not doling out as much in rewards.

So... calling it 'irresponsible' is subjective, however I agree it's a kick in the @$$ for sure and aimed at their most loyal customers.

ShaunLockwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have the same issue, I was getting $8 off every month and now gone.

cjcc823
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I understand that the old rewards program is gone. But what I don't understand is that they did not honour the original system. If I've been with them for 4 years, I think I deserve 40 points at the top. Giving me 5 points to begin with is absurd. That means the 4 years of loyalty I gave Public Mobile is down the drain.

I'll be filing a CCTS complaint. The way that Telus and other ISPs manage their loyal customers is beyond me. And quite frankly, this is irresponsible.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@cjcc823 

To be clear, Public Mobile removed the transition bonus one to two days before their announcement making it mandatory that everyone would be moved to public points.

They did this knowing that they would upset every single customer on the old loyalty rewards, yet they did it anyway.

And so, we all know where public mobiles priorities stand regarding valuing their customers. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No more monetary rewards! Now you get 5% off your bill back in points, 10 points at anniversary and 1 point for every referral. If you participate in Community few more points could be awarded.

When you collect 15+ points you have to manually convert them to $15, it will not be automatic applied toward your bill.

5 points is welcome gift from PM. You will see more when you pay your bill and anniversary. And if you participate here you might earn few more.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cjcc823 

the loyalty discount is gone from the new Public Points.  Instead, you will get a 10  anniversary points on your anniversary date

for friend referrals, your referrals are still there, just that it is not showing like before

After moving to Public Points, the referrals will no longer be showing in a list like before.  There is no way on the Rewards portal to confirm how many you currently have and who are they anymore.   
Instead, you can only tell how many referrals you have when PM deposits the referrals points into your Rewards account after your renewal (within 48 hours).  

PM is aware the demand to see the full list like before when subscribers were on the legacy system and they are working on a solution.   But there is no ETA at the moment.

Need Help? Let's chat.